Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Converting an audio WAV file to a format that is youtube compatible?
D. Reed [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 24, 2023 15:48 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Cannot upload a video to Youtube because the audio is in WAV format. Is it possible to convert to another format that is compatible with youtube?

Thanks for your consideration,

Reed
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I don't think that the WAV format is the problem, however the encoding for your particular clip may not be supported. See the YouTube upload specifications page for more info on which format to convert it to.
D. Reed [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 24, 2023 15:48 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Youtube does not accept Wav or mp3 format. Cyberlink is supposed to have an audio converter that will change the audio format, but I do not know how to locate it.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Well there's more to the story here. While the official YouTube upload specifcations page I linked to clearly lists both WAV and MP3 audio-only files as being compatible (as long as they're longer than 33 seconds), when I try to upload one using the Create icon I get this error message:

I assume that's what you've seen as well.

Here's the linked help page that opens when I clicked on Learn more above. It basically says you simply need to produce to a video file with no video content and YT will accept it. AudioDirector can't do that, but PowerDirector can