Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Youtube upload - ERROR 400 Access blocked: CyberLink PowerDirector’s request is invalid
Ag3nt 0range [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 26, 2018 18:13 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all,
can anyone advise of the above? i cant upload any YT videos recently due to the above error.
Thanks in advance.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 16. 2023 08:31

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
No error message attached.
Edit: Duh, now I see it in the title.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 16. 2023 13:20

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The easiest solution is to simply produce to a Standard 2D profile and then click on the Create icon on any YouTube web page and choose Upload Videos.

You also have way more control over how the video is displayed than the limited options available inside PD when producing directly to YT
dick95518 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2013 12:17 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
One of the main reasons I use PowerDirector is so I don't have to take two steps - creating a 2D video, then uploading it. I process weekly videos for a club, and the extra time required is frustrating, especially since the process has worked since I began using PD, quite a few years ago.
I created a Product Support Inquiry, and CyberLink gave me a canned response. I sent them a screenshot and reiterated the problem. It's annoying that they did not acknowledge that they now have an issue with YouTube/Google/Alphabet.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There have been many issues over the years with the direct uploading module, especially when YT changes their API and/or video requirements.

You haven't stated which version of PD you're having trouble with, and it's possible the issue is with related to the version of PD you're running. If you have a perpetual (lifetime) license, check the software updates page to see if there's a patch available.
dick95518 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2013 12:17 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
The fault was mine. Before raising an issue (here and with support), I should have ensured that PowerDirector was up to date on my computer. It wasn't. I updated and it works now. Sorry for the false alarm.
[Post New]
Quote There have been many issues over the years with the direct uploading module, especially when YT changes their API and/or video requirements.

You haven't stated which version of PD you're having trouble with, and it's possible the issue is with related to the version of PD you're running. If you have a perpetual (lifetime) license, check the software updates page to see if there's a patch available.

I hapend to have the exact same problem. I use Power Director 18. I' ve downloaded the patch you recommended BUT my problem is still there frown Do you see any other solution or do i have to buy undecidedyell version 21 ?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 27. 2023 19:41

optodata
[Post New]
I just tried this in PD17, which is no longer able to upload directly to YT. I assume this is the message you're seeing:

If that's the case, I think that either the patch you downloaded wasn't correct or it wasn't applied properly. For PD18, make sure you download and install this patch:

You can confirm that the patch was installed correctly by opening up PD again and clicking on the camera icon at the top left of the app window, then verifying that the last digits of the version number are .3801.x (where x doesn't matter)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I hapend to have the exact same problem. I use Power Director 18. I' ve downloaded the patch you recommended BUT my problem is still there frown Do you see any other solution or do i have to buy undecidedyell version 21 ?

You may have a better chance with PD21 and may want to purchase a new version every year as YouTube API changes. I will rather learn what others do manually to save some money.
[Post New]
Quote I just tried this in PD17, which is no longer able to upload directly to YT. I assume this is the message you're seeing:

If that's the case, I think that either the patch you downloaded wasn't correct or it wasn't applied properly. For PD18, make sure you download and install this patch:

You can confirm that the patch was installed correctly by opening up PD again and clicking on the camera icon at the top left of the app window, then verifying that the last digits of the version number are .3801.x (where x doesn't matter)

Yeap. This is exactly it !!!!!!! And the patch doesn't help at all cry Any ideas ?
[Post New]

Yeap. This is exactly it !!!!!!! And the patch doesn't help at all cry Any ideas ?

I did exactly what you told me and ... yes those are the numbers ... but it is still not working frown
[Thumb - P.D..jpg]
 Filename
P.D..jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
88 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
18 time(s)
optodata
[Post New]
The quickest answer is to do what I said in my first post in this discussion, which is to produce directly to your hard drive and then upload it to YT. I have 1000+ videos on my channel, and the only time I've ever used the Produce Online option is when I'm trying to help out other people who are having problems with it.

You can also send a request to Cyberlink tech support here.

Your 3rd option is to buy a new version of PD21 or PD365. Unfortunately, upgrade pricing is only available for PD19 and 20 so you'd have to buy a new license. You'd be able to keep using PD18 if you wanted to.
tuneman59 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 11, 2011 09:16 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]

You may have a better chance with PD21 and may want to purchase a new version every year as YouTube API changes. I will rather learn what others do manually to save some money.

I had the issue with access blocked and power director 18 Ultra I made sure that it was up to date reached out to cyberLink several times nothing ever became of it It never worked again uploading to YouTube. So I gave up and purchased director suite 365 hoping that I would then be able to resume like I have in the past. This version doesn't even let me get as far as PD18 did. I don't even get the access blocked screen I can't make it past the sign in before it stalls out. And it has no updates available to the program I just downloaded two days ago.
random_user [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 08, 2023 08:22 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]

I had the issue with access blocked and power director 18 Ultra I made sure that it was up to date reached out to cyberLink several times nothing ever became of it It never worked again uploading to YouTube. So I gave up and purchased director suite 365 hoping that I would then be able to resume like I have in the past. This version doesn't even let me get as far as PD18 did. I don't even get the access blocked screen I can't make it past the sign in before it stalls out. And it has no updates available to the program I just downloaded two days ago.

Power director seems to work fine, but the screen recorder is having this exact issue on 365.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 08. 2023 08:32

Soupy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 19, 2023 19:48 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
You need to download the patch to fix the Error 400 problem
For PD 21 - Patch 3111

Took two weeks to find this out - But it works!!!