Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
YouCam not recording audio
meg14 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2022 09:33 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have been using YouCam for some time with only minor issues. In the past it has not recorded audio, but if I uncheck and recheck the record with audio box or restarted it worked.

This time, nothing will work.

In YouCam - Audio in enabled, correct device selected

In Screen Recorded - Audio settings correct and enabled

In windows - Device set to default, not muted. Icon in tray shows mic "in use by YouCam"

Captures are in .mp4 format

Please let me know what else to try. I have uninstalled and reinstalled mic in device manager.

YouCam 10
Windows 11 (up to date)
HyperX QuadCast S

**Note, if I use the "capture" feature in PowerDirector the audio works.

Please tell me what I am missing! Thank you!
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have been using YouCam for some time with only minor issues. In the past it has not recorded audio, but if I uncheck and recheck the record with audio box or restarted it worked.

This time, nothing will work.

In YouCam - Audio in enabled, correct device selected

In Screen Recorded - Audio settings correct and enabled

In windows - Device set to default, not muted. Icon in tray shows mic "in use by YouCam"

Captures are in .mp4 format

Please let me know what else to try. I have uninstalled and reinstalled mic in device manager.

YouCam 10
Windows 11 (up to date)
HyperX QuadCast S

**Note, if I use the "capture" feature in PowerDirector the audio works.

Please tell me what I am missing! Thank you!

The clues you shared is few.

If your microphone is a high-end standalone model, you may seek driver or firmware update to check if it helps resolve the issue.
And, make sure the microphone and its connection work steadily on the whole recording session.
meg14 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2022 09:33 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]

The clues you shared is few.

If your microphone is a high-end standalone model, you may seek driver or firmware update to check if it helps resolve the issue.
And, make sure the microphone and its connection work steadily on the whole recording session.

the mic works fine with all other programs. It works in power director. It works with windows test. It works when streaming.

The only time it doesn't work is when I try to record in YouCam I have video and no audio. It's a YouCam issue.