Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is it possible to purchase a Windows 11 compatible version of PowerDirector that edits audio?
STEPHEN16 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 17, 2013 20:43 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I have been using various versions of Power Director for over ten years. The version I have is not compatible with Windows 11.
I don't want a subscription version as I'm not remotely interested in paying for cloud storage or access to a whole bunch of stock files that I will never use. Is there a version of PowerDirector that allows you to edit audio in Wave Editor as previous versions did? The product description for PowerDirector 21 Ultimate suggests it doesn't, but I don't see the point in having the video editing software if there is no audio editor included.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

The latest versions of PowerDirector includes the built in Audio Editor instead:
https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/21/win/enu/08_15_01_editing_audio_ae.html

There are also several in the Fix/Enhance section, including Audio Denoise, AI DeReverb, Wind Removal, Speech Enhancement.

According to the version table below, they are supported in the Ultimate version:
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=27249

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 18. 2023 19:35

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have been using various versions of Power Director for over ten years. The version I have is not compatible with Windows 11.
I don't want a subscription version as I'm not remotely interested in paying for cloud storage or access to a whole bunch of stock files that I will never use. Is there a version of PowerDirector that allows you to edit audio in Wave Editor as previous versions did? The product description for PowerDirector 21 Ultimate suggests it doesn't, but I don't see the point in having the video editing software if there is no audio editor included.

Review the provided help info carefully, some features that were available in Wave Editor are no longer available in Audio Editor. If you used something specific that you'd like to make sure is there, list the feature and maybe some users can see if it's available in PD21 Audio Editor.

Jeff
STEPHEN16 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Are you sure that PowerDirector includes Audio Director?

The page on your website titled 'Buy PowerDirector Video Editing Software' says it doesn't. Sorry, but the hyperlink won't copy to this message.

As for the table link you sent, it says Audio Director is included in Power Director Ultimate Suite, but there doesn't seem to be any way of purchasing that. Or am I missing something?

Quote Hi,

The latest versions of PowerDirector includes the built in Audio Editor instead:
https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/21/win/enu/08_15_01_editing_audio_ae.html

There are also several in the Fix/Enhance section, including Audio Denoise, AI DeReverb, Wind Removal, Speech Enhancement.

According to the version table below, they are supported in the Ultimate version:
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=27249

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Are you sure that PowerDirector includes Audio Director?

The page on your website titled 'Buy PowerDirector Video Editing Software' says it doesn't. Sorry, but the hyperlink won't copy to this message.

As for the table link you sent, it says Audio Director is included in Power Director Ultimate Suite, but there doesn't seem to be any way of purchasing that. Or am I missing something?

Two different products,
Audio Director is not included with PD21 Ultimate perpetual key
Audio Editor is included with PD21 perpetual key products
Audio Editor is the replacement for the old Wave Editor in older versions but they DO NOT share all the same functionality.

Jeff
STEPHEN16 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Jeff,

Nothing too fancy probably. I mostly only use the volume/compression as well as noise reduction functions. I just like being able to bounce the audio track out to edit and then bounce back to the video editor without affecting the video quality, all bundled in to the one integrated product.

Review the provided help info carefully, some features that were available in Wave Editor are no longer available in Audio Editor. If you used something specific that you'd like to make sure is there, list the feature and maybe some users can see if it's available in PD21 Audio Editor.

Jeff
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Jeff,

Nothing too fancy probably. I mostly only use the volume/compression as well as noise reduction functions. I just like being able to bounce the audio track out to edit and then bounce back to the video editor without affecting the video quality, all bundled in to the one integrated product.

Attached pic shows PD21 Audio Editor which is the replacement for the old Wave Editor.

The interface is a little different. It does not entirely bounce you out of PD like Wave Editor did. Rather it brings up an edit interface inside of PD21 and gives you control to various options there.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD21_Audio_Editor.png]
 Filename
PD21_Audio_Editor.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
338 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
STEPHEN16 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Aha, now it becomes clear. I had Audio Director previously as part of a suite of apps, but not sure I have ever used it as Wave Editor did what I required. Incidenatally, the old version of Audio Director still runs on Windows 11, unlike Power Director.
I think you have pointed me where I need to go.
Thanks Jeff.

Two different products,
Audio Director is not included with PD21 Ultimate perpetual key
Audio Editor is included with PD21 perpetual key products
Audio Editor is the replacement for the old Wave Editor in older versions but they DO NOT share all the same functionality.

Jeff
STEPHEN16 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for that. Don't see any negatives to the interface overlay. Does it only offer compression as a volume edit? Wave Editor had 'boost' and 'fade' functions from memory - have these been continued?

Attached pic shows PD21 Audio Editor which is the replacement for the old Wave Editor.

The interface is a little different. It does not entirely bounce you out of PD like Wave Editor did. Rather it brings up an edit interface inside of PD21 and gives you control to various options there.

Jeff
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for that. Don't see any negatives to the interface overlay. Does it only offer compression as a volume edit? Wave Editor had 'boost' and 'fade' functions from memory - have these been continued?

The "boost" functionality was added in the Dynamic Range Compression as a output gain adjustment. The "fade" is no longer an option, you'd simply have to drag the audio level line in PD21 interface with keyframes to do the same fade that Wave Editor could do.

Jeff