Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sync by audio not function with M2TS and M4A on new computer
AHP [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 27, 2019 10:45 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I have been using Cyberink PowerDirector since PD 7 and have found this forum and its answers very useful over the years. I subscribed to 365 when it became available. Since then I have “auto synced” over 100 M2TS video and M4A audio files to produce edited videos. I recently moved to a new computer with AMD instead of Intel. Both computers are Windows 11. On my new computer PD 365 will not sync the same audio and video files that it did on the old one. It will sync MP4 and M4A. If I convert the M2TS to MP4 it will also sync the audio and video. I reinstall PD 15 which I had and this will also “auto sync” the M2TS and M4A files so I assume the computer is not the problem. I can save the PD 15 file and open it in 365 still synced. I uninstall and reinstalled 365 without any success. I can continue to work around this issue but its cause intrigues me. Any suggestions?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I assume you're referring to the Sync by Audio tool for timeline clips. I haven't noticed any issues syncing on my system with an AMD CPU, so I imagine the issue is with the format of at least one of your types of clips. If you want to share a sample of each here, other forum member can test them out. You can upload them to OneDrive or Google Drive and paste a publicly shareable link to them here. See this FAQ for more details. You should also probably report the issue to CL tech support from here. Be sure to link to this discussion if you decide to share clips here.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have been using Cyberink PowerDirector since PD 7 and have found this forum and its answers very useful over the years. I subscribed to 365 when it became available. Since then I have “auto synced” over 100 M2TS video and M4A audio files to produce edited videos. I recently moved to a new computer with AMD instead of Intel. Both computers are Windows 11. On my new computer PD 365 will not sync the same audio and video files that it did on the old one. It will sync MP4 and M4A. If I convert the M2TS to MP4 it will also sync the audio and video. I reinstall PD 15 which I had and this will also “auto sync” the M2TS and M4A files so I assume the computer is not the problem. I can save the PD 15 file and open it in 365 still synced. I uninstall and reinstalled 365 without any success. I can continue to work around this issue but its cause intrigues me. Any suggestions?

I've noticed differences through the years of the various versions with Sync by Audio, it's possible they may have tweaked things along the way, no real way for the user community to know.

When you say "not functioning" I assume it functions but can't find a sync point? What I've had to do often in recent versions is split the tracks to a smaller time slice that I know share a common audio and often a unique audio, sync that, and then combine my clips to remove the split if need be.

Sharing some clips that are "not functioning" for you may give users a chance to see if they sync on their platforms.

Jeff
AHP [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I assume you're referring to the Sync by Audio tool for timeline clips. I haven't noticed any issues syncing on my system with an AMD CPU, so I imagine the issue is with the format of at least one of your types of clips. If you want to share a sample of each here, other forum member can test them out. You can upload them to OneDrive or Google Drive and paste a publicly shareable link to them here. See this FAQ for more details. You should also probably report the issue to CL tech support from here. Be sure to link to this discussion if you decide to share clips here.

Thanks very much for your reply. I have reported it to tech support and I followed their first suggestion and request without a solution. They then requested the clips as you also suggested but I don't know how this will help. I already know that 365 would sync them on my old computer and I assume on yours or anyone elses. I also know PD 15 will sync them on this computer. I therefore tested the clips with another Cyberlink PD myself. I feel the problem is not the clips but the 365 as installed at the present. I will certainly share the clips if I had an idea how this would help.
AHP [Avatar]
[Post New]

I've noticed differences through the years of the various versions with Sync by Audio, it's possible they may have tweaked things along the way, no real way for the user community to know.

When you say "not functioning" I assume it functions but can't find a sync point? What I've had to do often in recent versions is split the tracks to a smaller time slice that I know share a common audio and often a unique audio, sync that, and then combine my clips to remove the split if need be.

Sharing some clips that are "not functioning" for you may give users a chance to see if they sync on their platforms.

Jeff

Thanks for your reply. What happens is that the audio clip moves to the end of the video clip without any overlap. I don't feel the problem is the clips because they all synced with the respective audio in 365 on my old computer and the ones I have tried with PowerDirector15 on this computer also synced properly. Even after reinstallation there appears to be an issue with this function of 365 on this computer. All the DxDiag tests did not reveal any issues.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for your reply. What happens is that the audio clip moves to the end of the video clip without any overlap.

That's also the behavior when a sync location between the clips cannot be identified. The smaller "unique" audio split out selection as suggested prior often remedies this. Shouldn't have to, but one often has to in recent versions.

Jeff
AHP [Avatar]
[Post New]

That's also the behavior when a sync location between the clips cannot be identified. The smaller "unique" audio split out selection as suggested prior often remedies this. Shouldn't have to, but one often has to in recent versions.

Jeff

I have had to do that in the past. However if I take the same M2TS video file and convert it to MP4 it will sync exactly by audio. If I revove the MP4 and use the orginal M2TS on the same track and leave the audio where it was it will not sync. I find the cause puzzling only, because as you say, we can usually find a work around.
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I have had to do that in the past. However if I take the same M2TS video file and convert it to MP4 it will sync exactly by audio. If I revove the MP4 and use the orginal M2TS on the same track and leave the audio where it was it will not sync. I find the cause puzzling only, because as you say, we can usually find a work around.

You might simply try another workaround then. Use PD to extract audio from M2TS file, this creates a wav file, sync wav file to whatever, once sync'd, replace the wav file location on the track with M2TS video.

What type of audio is in your M2TS file, stereo, DD, 2 channel, AAC,...... all those details may make a difference too since your MP4 conversion works.

Jeff
AHP [Avatar]
[Post New]

You might simply try another workaround then. Use PD to extract audio from M2TS file, this creates a wav file, sync wav file to whatever, once sync'd, replace the wav file location on the track with M2TS video.

What type of audio is in your M2TS file, stereo, DD, 2 channel, AAC,...... all those details may make a difference too since your MP4 conversion works.

Jeff

Good suggestion. I will check my camera settings.
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Good suggestion. I will check my camera settings.

Check the M2TS file is a better option, download MediaInfo or use the online tool, https://mediaarea.net/MediaInfoOnline

That's why file sharing can be beneficial.

Jeff
AHP [Avatar]
[Post New]

Check the M2TS file is a better option, download MediaInfo or use the online tool, https://mediaarea.net/MediaInfoOnline

That's why file sharing can be beneficial.

Jeff

Thanks for this. Guess there is a lot I don't know. Now I have the info but have no idea what to do with it.

General
ID : 0 (0x0)
Complete name : 20230108103005.m2ts
Format : BDAV
Format/Info : Blu-ray Video
File size : 3.96 GiB
Duration : 25 min 13 s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 22.5 Mb/s
Maximum Overall bit rate : 24.0 Mb/s
Recorded date : 2023-01-08 10:30:05-05:00
Writing application : Sony DSC-HX90V
Video
ID : 4113 (0x1011)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4
Format settings : CABAC / 2 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, Reference frames : 2 frames
Format settings, GOP : M=2, N=15
Codec ID : 27
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 21.3 Mb/s
Maximum bit rate : 22.0 Mb/s
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 29.970 (30000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Interlaced
Scan type, store method : Separated fields
Scan order : Top Field First
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.343
Stream size : 3.76 GiB (95%)
IrisFNumber : 4.000000
Audio
ID : 4352 (0x1100)
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Commercial name : Dolby Digital
Codec ID : 129
Duration : 25 min 14 s
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 256 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel layout : L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF)
Compression mode : Lossy
Delay relative to video : -67 ms
Stream size : 46.2 MiB (1%)
Service kind : Complete Main
Text
ID : 4608 (0x1200)
Format : PGS
Codec ID : 144
Delay relative to video : -67 ms
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I have not seen any problem in doing Sync by Audio using my camcorder m2ts files with dd5.1 audio and with another camera using pcm audio in PD20/21/365. See the screenshot and the file extension of the two files synced by audio. Don’t have any recorded m4a (mp4 audio) files to try. My Preferences/General /Audio is set to stereo since there is no ac3 5.1 decoding in the newer versions of PD. The m2ts file mediainfo does not indicate any reason for it not to sync on my pc. You may want to check the Preferences of the audio settings as I found that 5.1 surround settings cause problems with compressed mp3 audio. As pointed out by optodata, sharing short samples of an m2ts and a m4a recorded simultaneously can be checked out on other user’s pc.
[Thumb - PD21-365 Sync by Audio.jpg]
 Filename
PD21-365 Sync by Audio.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Check the sync of the two waveforms on the timeline.
 Filesize
460 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)