Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Color Director freezes and PD crashes
Koen41 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 15, 2016 09:05 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
When I go Back to PD after corrections in a clip (.avi) in Color Director, Color Director freezes and PD crashes and I have to restart Win 10 to open PD again.

Some one any idea what causes this problem?
Forum Moderator [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2018 01:01 Messages: 578 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I suggest you contact CyberLink support about your issue:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Cheers
ColorDirector Moderator Please direct any sales or technical issues to CyberLink's customer support team:

Sales or installation related issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Software technical issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/sup
ChrisBud [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 03, 2014 01:58 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Same thing happening to me. Any public solutions? (besides open another ticket)

Details:

Windows 10
Powerdirector 365
Colordirector 365

Colordirector freezes on the return to Powerdirector, after being initially invoked from within Powerdirector. Each application can be opened successfully independently.

System is high end, no problems at all running Adobe suite etc.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 23. 2023 20:22

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Your issue is almost certainly related to something on your system. If you want help from you fellow users, please review the Read Me Before Posting guide and provide the exact version number of CD and attach the DxDiag test results so we can see the exact details of your computer.

You may also benefit from uninstalling both PD and CD from the CL App Manager (right click on each one and choose Uninstall). You won't lose any settings or projects, and uninstalling/reinstalling has been known to resolve some of these kinds issues.
ChrisBud [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 03, 2014 01:58 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I have found this app to be super convenient in the past, relatively stable (PD 12 & CD 7 were both still a bit buggy on various issues, but mostly usable) but this 365 release is a hot mess.

Have installed on 2 different systems, both high end, otherwise quite different machines W10 and W11. Same crash issue, and additional now identified having persisted to properly investigate.

It aint the hardware.
ROTIC [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 19, 2020 02:03 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have found this app to be super convenient in the past, relatively stable (PD 12 & CD 7 were both still a bit buggy on various issues, but mostly usable) but this 365 release is a hot mess.

Have installed on 2 different systems, both high end, otherwise quite different machines W10 and W11. Same crash issue, and additional now identified having persisted to properly investigate.

It aint the hardware.

I am having the same issue and it just started today. I have been using the same computer and PD 365 for at least 2 years now and all of a sudden if I am editing my video I select edit video in colordirector it launches and then I finish my edits and hit the BACK tab it has the infinite blue circle and can never get back into PD. Have you been contacted with a solution? This just started today 3 7 23.
Koen41 [Avatar]
[Post New]

I am having the same issue and it just started today. I have been using the same computer and PD 365 for at least 2 years now and all of a sudden if I am editing my video I select edit video in colordirector it launches and then I finish my edits and hit the BACK tab it has the infinite blue circle and can never get back into PD. Have you been contacted with a solution? This just started today 3 7 23.

Until now I have not contacted Cyberlink. I hoped that someone had een brilliant Idea. When I do the same with a Photo in PD I can go back to PD with the changes. Also when I don't make any changes in CD I can go back to PD without a problem.
jopa29 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 10, 2013 12:05 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I had the same problem so I contacted Cyberlink support. They asked me to send them DxDiag file and other informations. After their analysis they recommended me to ugrade GPU driver. Before I did that I tried to trigger the error again, but everythink worked ok. The CD returned to PD after edit correctly. I checked it several times. So I decided not to upgrade driver and close support ticket. The only change in my environment was Windows 11 update that was executed on my machine yesterday. Hope it helped.
Koen41 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I had the same problem so I contacted Cyberlink support. They asked me to send them DxDiag file and other informations. After their analysis they recommended me to ugrade GPU driver. Before I did that I tried to trigger the error again, but everythink worked ok. The CD returned to PD after edit correctly. I checked it several times. So I decided not to upgrade driver and close support ticket. The only change in my environment was Windows 11 update that was executed on my machine yesterday. Hope it helped.

Thanks for your message. I updated my Nvidia drivers and the PD update and my problems are also gone! Thanks again!