Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Masks on videos created in PD19 not previewing properly in PD20
wlammert [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 01, 2019 19:11 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I went back to edit some videos using PD20 that had been originally created in PD19. On every video clip or still image that I had used the mask designer on, the mask was no longer on the video or image when previewing.

However, when I then opened the mask designer tool for the video clip or image, the mask designer had a blue outline around what should have been the mask, but it was not being applied to the video or image. When I then clicked on the mask that was outlined, it showed up in the preview and was applied to the video or image. Usually it was the correct size/orientation, but sometimes it was not.

I set up PD20 on both Windows 10 and Windows 11 and files created under PD19 that are now opened with PD20 exhibit the issue noted above.

Anyone else having this problem?

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 07. 2023 20:42

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I went back to edit some videos using PD20 that had been originally created in PD19. On every video clip or still image that I had used the mask designer on, the mask was no longer on the video or image when previewing.

However, when I then opened the mask designer tool for the video clip or image, the mask designer had a blue outline around what should have been the mask, but it was not being applied to the video or image. When I then clicked on the mask that was outlined, it showed up in the preview and was applied to the video or image. Usually it was the correct size/orientation, but sometimes it was not.

I set up PD20 on both Windows 10 and Windows 11 and files created under PD19 that are now opened with PD20 exhibit the issue noted above.

Anyone else having this problem?

Seem like this post was heavily edited to portray a different issue. Prior it was posted as a WIN10 vs WIN11 issue, now heavily modified to present a PD19 to PD20 issue.

I can't replicate. Various masks applied and modified on video and pics and saved in PD19 (3226.2) appear to open fine in PD20 (2815) on my WIN10 platform.

Jeff
wlammert [Avatar]
[Post New]

Seem like this post was heavily edited to portray a different issue. Prior it was posted as a WIN10 vs WIN11 issue, now heavily modified to present a PD19 to PD20 issue.

I can't replicate. Various masks applied and modified on video and pics and saved in PD19 (3226.2) appear to open fine in PD20 (2815) on my WIN10 platform.

Jeff

Thanks for your investigation.

Yes, I had orginally quickly jumped to the conclusion that this was a Windows problem. But investigating it properly, I determined that it was in fact a PD problem. I have the same issue on two different hardware platforms (HP laptop and Intel NUC) with Windows 10 on the HP laptop and Windows 11 on the Intel NUC. Both platforms are now running PD20. Both have the same issue as noted above with masks when opening and previewing videos and images that were created in PD19 (3226b) and now opened in PD20 (2815).
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for your investigation.

Yes, I had orginally quickly jumped to the conclusion that this was a Windows problem. But investigating it properly, I determined that it was in fact a PD problem. I have the same issue on two different hardware platforms (HP laptop and Intel NUC) with Windows 10 on the HP laptop and Windows 11 on the Intel NUC. Both platforms are now running PD20. Both have the same issue as noted above with masks when opening and previewing videos and images that were created in PD19 (3226b) and now opened in PD20 (2815).

Maybe post a pds file from your PD19 with default PD sample images and I can see if the issue is present on my system. Both of your systems by chance have Intel GPU, that may be a common display issue?

Jeff
wlammert [Avatar]
[Post New]

Maybe post a pds file from your PD19 with default PD sample images and I can see if the issue is present on my system. Both of your systems by chance have Intel GPU, that may be a common display issue?

Jeff

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't have another platform to install PD19 and generate a PD19 file. However, the HP laptop is using Intel UHD 620 graphics and the Intel NUC is uing Nvidia 2060 graphics.
wlammert [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't have another platform to install PD19 and generate a PD19 file. However, the HP laptop is using Intel UHD 620 graphics and the Intel NUC is uing Nvidia 2060 graphics.

Since I don't have a PD19 installation, I've gone ahead and posted a file made in PD19 and included one graphic that is at timeline 15 seconds. Just ignore all of the other content. When running PD20, you should see that the mask for this image is highlighted in the mask tool but not implemented until you click on the hightlighted mask type.
 Filename
Donna Herbener -1.pds
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
6576 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
241 time(s)
[Thumb - Donna Herbener face.jpg]
 Filename
Donna Herbener face.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
41 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
10 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Since I don't have a PD19 installation, I've gone ahead and posted a file made in PD19 and included one graphic that is at timeline 15 seconds. Just ignore all of the other content. When running PD20, you should see that the mask for this image is highlighted in the mask tool but not implemented until you click on the hightlighted mask type.

I don't think I see anything unusual, not sure on position, but looks reasonable and all else looks normal too. Mask_Timeline shows what the timeline preview looks like with loaded project, Mask_Designer.png shows what it's like in the Mask Designer without clicking anything, I just moved the elevator box to get the mask that was used in view.

Jeff
[Thumb - Mask_Timeline.png]
 Filename
Mask_Timeline.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
351 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
11 time(s)
[Thumb - Mask_Designer.png]
 Filename
Mask_Designer.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
232 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
10 time(s)
wlammert [Avatar]
[Post New]

I don't think I see anything unusual, not sure on position, but looks reasonable and all else looks normal too. Mask_Timeline shows what the timeline preview looks like with loaded project, Mask_Designer.png shows what it's like in the Mask Designer without clicking anything, I just moved the elevator box to get the mask that was used in view.

Jeff

Jeff,

I have attached a timeline and mask designer screen shot of what I am seeing when opening this file in PD20. Same result on either hardware platform.

If I click on the highlighted mask it does implement the mask correctly and I can then save the file in PD20 and it opens correctly after that with the mask applied, just like you are seeing.

This is happening on multiple files that I have now tested - on two platforms.
[Thumb - Timeline.jpg]
 Filename
Timeline.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Timeline
 Filesize
264 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
12 time(s)
[Thumb - Mask Designer.jpg]
 Filename