Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do you move clips to the left on the timeline and move everything to the right with it
NormS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 30, 2019 22:27 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
So I'm doing a slideshow that had still pictures as well as video. I use track 2 to hold captions related to the pix and video. If I delete a pic or a video clip it gives me options to leave a gap, don't leave a gap, move everything with it, etc.

However, if I want to just drag a clip to the left, there is no way (that I can see) to also force the following media/titles/etc with it. IS there a way to do that?

Thanks
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Maybe use the timeline selection rectangle to select clip you want to move and everything to the right in the timeline on tracks 1 and 2. Mouse drag or key sequence nudge to move all left to your new location.

If not, attach a pic of your timeline so one can perhaps understand a little better.

Jeff
NormS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Maybe use the timeline selection rectangle to select clip you want to move and everything to the right in the timeline on tracks 1 and 2. Mouse drag or key sequence nudge to move all left to your new location.

If not, attach a pic of your timeline so one can perhaps understand a little better.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. I have done that in the past but it requires you to shrink the timeline down to screen size. When you are drawing a rectangle you cannot go past the edge of the screen. it won't scroll sideways. And, if you have a long timeline (think hundreds of pictures), it's almost impossible to put a rectangle around them and accurately get what you want included. I'll see if I can come up with a screen shot or two to add to this thread.

Thanks!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks Jeff. I have done that in the past but it requires you to shrink the timeline down to screen size. When you are drawing a rectangle you cannot go past the edge of the screen. it won't scroll sideways. And, if you have a long timeline (think hundreds of pictures), it's almost impossible to put a rectangle around them and accurately get what you want included. I'll see if I can come up with a screen shot or two to add to this thread.

Thanks!

Maybe put the scrubber at the desired clip, size window for the whole timeline, use selection rectangle from right to left and get close to desired clip based on the scrubber reference. You can then zoom in on timeline in desired area and use the Ctrl and left mouse click to add or subtract some clips to get to your desired selection.

Jeff
NormS [Avatar]
[Post New]

Maybe put the scrubber at the desired clip, size window for the whole timeline, use selection rectangle from right to left and get close to desired clip based on the scrubber reference. You can then zoom in on timeline in desired area and use the Ctrl and left mouse click to add or subtract some clips to get to your desired selection.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, good idea!

Norm