Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
GoPro Black 10 Lens Correction (wide) renders a blank video
gabo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 23, 2018 17:16 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
When I apply the GoPro Black 10 Lens Correction (Wide) and render a video, the resulting video is just blank. When I remove the lens correction it renders correctly.

This is with a 4k video, with several edits, and zoom/pan/crop applied, and fade transition between edits.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: I also tried other lens corrections and also rendered a blank video. This is with ver 21.1.2401.0 running on win 11.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 23. 2022 15:14

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote When I apply the GoPro Black 10 Lens Correction (Wide) and render a video, the resulting video is just blank. When I remove the lens correction it renders correctly.

This is with a 4k video, with several edits, and zoom/pan/crop applied, and fade transition between edits.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: I also tried other lens corrections and also rendered a blank video. This is with ver 21.1.2401.0 running on win 11.

If you have a GPU that supports your timeline content decoding and encoding to your desired "Produce" profile, often activating those in Pref > Hardware Acceleration (decoding) and enabling hardware encoding on the "Produce" page settings will produce a valid video stream in this situation.

Jeff
gabo [Avatar]
[Post New]

If you have a GPU that supports your timeline content decoding and encoding to your desired "Produce" profile, often activating those in Pref > Hardware Acceleration (decoding) and enabling hardware encoding on the "Produce" page settings will produce a valid video stream in this situation.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, I tried using my GPU and not using my GPU, it didn't make any difference. Either way it was rendered as a blank video. The only thing that fixed it was turning off the lens correction.

I also tried enabling the lens correction for various clips and not for other clips. It would render the clips without the lens correction correctly, then it would be blank for the sections with the lens corrections enabled. So it seems to be tied to the lens correction.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks Jeff, I tried using my GPU and not using my GPU, it didn't make any difference. Either way it was rendered as a blank video. The only thing that fixed it was turning off the lens correction.

I also tried enabling the lens correction for various clips and not for other clips. It would render the clips without the lens correction correctly, then it would be blank for the sections with the lens corrections enabled. So it seems to be tied to the lens correction.

Yes, the issue is definitely related to the application of lens correction, so no surprise removal works. The suggestion has worked for about 5 others so I thought it might work for you too, apparently not. It usually takes both GPU decoding and GPU encoding, two different settings in PD for it to work.

Jeff
gabo [Avatar]
[Post New]

Yes, the issue is definitely related to the application of lens correction, so no surprise removal works. The suggestion has worked for about 5 others so I thought it might work for you too, apparently not. It usually takes both GPU decoding and GPU encoding, two different settings in PD for it to work.

Jeff

Thanks for the suggestions Jeff. I guess I'll just not use lens correction until there is a fix.
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for the suggestions Jeff. I guess I'll just not use lens correction until there is a fix.

Yep, that's an option. For a group of us that have had issues, it dates back to at least PD19 with GoPro 8 Lens correction, PD20 with GoPro 9 Lens correction and PD21 with GoPro 10 Lens correction. Based on such, I'm not sure a valid solution will be anytime soon, just workarounds that appear to work for some.

The other option that often works is to "Produce" the raw GoPro footage in PD first, and then do lens correction on the produced footage.

Jeff
gabo [Avatar]
[Post New]

Yep, that's an option. For a group of us that have had issues, it dates back to at least PD19 with GoPro 8 Lens correction, PD20 with GoPro 9 Lens correction and PD21 with GoPro 10 Lens correction. Based on such, I'm not sure a valid solution will be anytime soon, just workarounds that appear to work for some.

The other option that often works is to "Produce" the raw GoPro footage in PD first, and then do lens correction on the produced footage.

Jeff

Yea, classic PD. I have a love/hate relationship with it. I used to do software development and you don't want to know what I think of it as a piece of software. And as a company they are very unresponsive to known issues and bugs. These things linger on for a very long time.

But unfortunately to get anything better you have to spend a lot more money and as a hobbyist it's just not worth it. So I guess we take the good with the bad.

That's a great suggestion about producing the footage and then doing lens correction. Is there another piece of software that does that reliably for GoPro footage?