Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector Failure
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yesterday 12/15/2022, I was deleting a few frames and changing some texts. Suddenly a spinning blue circle appeared on my pc screen for a few seconds and then it disappeared along with all the frames. Shortly thereafter, a message from Microsoft appeared on my screen saying something like "a notification has been sent to CyberLink concerning these difficulties".

Today 12/16/2022 when I attempted to access a prior saved version of my edits I was able to work with it for about five minutes and then the spinning blue circle appeared again and everything disappeared.

I have two screenshots. One is the Windows File Explorer page which shows an icon for each PD version I have saved in the past day or two. The other screenshot is what happens when I have attempted to access a PD file. There is only one thing which shows. Its the file name at the top of the screen with no * behind it.

I don't know if or how screenshots can be attached to this message. Please advise.

8GeneL3

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 16. 2022 15:19

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It sounds like you project has become corrupted, and your best bet at recovering it is to look in the Auto Save folder for the most recent version that was saved before the problem occurred. The folder location can be found from the Preferences | Project menu. The default locations are shown here.

If you want to share screenshots, save them as JPG or PNG then use the blue and white Attachments button below the forum's text box to upload them here.
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote It sounds like you project has become corrupted, and your best bet at recovering it is to look in the Auto Save folder for the most recent version that was saved before the problem occurred. The folder location can be found from the Preferences | Project menu. The default locations are shown here.

If you want to share screenshots, save them as JPG or PNG then use the blue and white Attachments button below the forum's text box to upload them here.

TO: optodata Thanks for answering. After I posted this comment I found a simple answer should have been aware of it. In W10 on left side of screen there's a long list of programs, etc. in alphabetic order. Sure enough there was a couple of CyberLink things and one of them was a copy of the same editing program. It only had a few very minor changes that had no effect on what I was doing. Have been using it a few hours already. But I'm printing off your answer and will keep it with my notes just in case.
8GeneL3

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 17. 2022 05:09