Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Replace option is not working in latest update
mohitk [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 07, 2019 11:15 Messages: 56 Offline
[Post New]
In the latest update 21.1.2401.0, Replace option is not working on color board

I've checked this on my two laptops.

Someone pls immediately inform to Power Director team.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 20. 2022 06:49

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not sure what you mean. If I drag a photo or video clip from the Media Room directly onto a timeline clip and release it, I get the normal pop-up menu and when I choose Replace, everything works normally in my 2401 build.

Maybe make a screen recording of what's happening on your system and share a link to it on YouTube so we can see exactly what's happening.
mohitk [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I'm not sure what you mean. If I drag a photo or video clip from the Media Room directly onto a timeline clip and release it, I get the normal pop-up menu and when I choose Replace, everything works normally in my 2401 build.

Maybe make a screen recording of what's happening on your system and share a link to it on YouTube so we can see exactly what's happening.

Here is video where i'm performing steps and showing replace option is not working when u drag photo from color board. I am using this function from last 2 years. Now it's not working in latest update.

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZYhtDVZHI7tA4gJdohP2hvdG5u1pYT0GA8k

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 18. 2022 01:33

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Hmm. I had tried replacing clips with similar and different types of clips and hadn't seen any issues, but I do see the same problem if I resize the color board like you did. I didn't see any problems going the other way (placing and resizing a video clip and replacing it with a color board), so I'd say that the problem with the Replace option is limited to some very unusual and specific situations

Until today, I'd never even thought of replacing a color board with a video clip so I don't know if this is limited to the latest release or not. I suggest contacting CL Tech Support from this page.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Until today, I'd never even thought of replacing a color board with a video clip so I don't know if this is limited to the latest release or not. I suggest contacting CL Tech Support from this page.

Since OP stated it was working for last 2 years, they’ve obviously used it.

It works fine in 21.0.2031 release of PD21 so OP comment that it happened on latest 365 push of 21.1.2401.0 probably rather valid.

Unbelievable this CL PD programing crew can constantly break code.

Jeff
mohitk [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hmm. I had tried replacing clips with similar and different types of clips and hadn't seen any issues, but I do see the same problem if I resize the color board like you did. I didn't see any problems going the other way (placing and resizing a video clip and replacing it with a color board), so I'd say that the problem with the Replace option is limited to some very unusual and specific situations

Until today, I'd never even thought of replacing a color board with a video clip so I don't know if this is limited to the latest release or not. I suggest contacting CL Tech Support from this page.

Replace function is working fine in all ways except on color board. Just downgrade PD it to any version, You will see that it will work fine.
This problem is only in latest version 21.1.2401.

Since i am facing little bit issue on my side. Can u please forward this issue to PD team.
This color board is very important for me. I've saved more than 200 template with color board in it. I am using it from last 2 years without any issue. Now it's not working for me so please do the needful.
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote In the latest update 21.1.2401.0, Replace option is not working.

I've checked this on my two laptops.

Someone pls immediately inform to Power Director team.

I checked here and it really doesn't work, Replace over color board.

Works for color, board over image or video.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 19. 2022 06:19

optodata
[Post New]
Quote Can u please forward this issue to PD team.

I provided a link to them in my last post. You can include a link to this forum discussion so they can see everything that's been discussed here