Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Unexpected fragmentation of video
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Never heard of this before. Had just finished a few revisions to a blackboard with statements done in white
lettering. Containing info the viewers should know before watching the video. It was ok. Moved to the right a short
distance (perhaps 500 video frames) just checking for anything else needing change. Found an ugly surprise.
Something had happened to the rest of the video. It was broken up into segments of varying length. Separated
from the next segment usually by a long span of empty timeline frames in between.

Nothing has happened to each of the video frames. There are no missing segments of video. Have decided to
fix this. Will take a long time spent in dragging segments back together. Unless someone has answers.

1) Anyone know what I might have done to cause this situation?

2) Is there an edit processing feature which will automatically put numerous separated segments back together?

8GeneL3
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Can you post a screenshot of the new timeline? Also you should be able to use Undo to go back to the original content, and it would help to see a screenshot of that too. Use the Attachments button below the forum's text box to upload the JPG or PNG images here.

Also if Undo doesn't work, close the project without saving it and then reopen it
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Can you post a screenshot of the new timeline? Also you should be able to use Undo to go back to the original content, and it would help to see a screenshot of that too. Use the Attachments button below the forum's text box to upload the JPG or PNG images here.

Also if Undo doesn't work, close the project without saving it and then reopen it

TO: optodata

Undo is something unfamiliar to me. Do you use it only when in Title or Title Designer or neither?
Will send pictures after I receive info about Undo and have used it.

Opened the file this morning and everything was still like it was yesterday evening.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 03. 2022 22:21

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Edit/Undo or Ctrl+Z is undo on the keyboard. Default is 50 levels of it.
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Edit/Undo or Ctrl+Z is undo on the keyboard. Default is 50 levels of it.

TO: tomasc I could not activate the Ctrl+Z from my keyboard but it no longer matters. Because trying to restore
the edit work file no longer seems to be an option. I found all the rest of the missing frames. But they were thirty
minutes out from the three minutes of video frames at the beginning of the edit work file. Its weird because the
edit work file had been only twenty minutes long and was so close to completion there was no longer anything to
do which would have lengthened the file. My original thought was to delete all those empty frames to shorten the
distance. But as I found out today, using the Split feature for deleting doesn't seem to work on empty frames.
If you have further thoughts about this I would like to know. Otherwise I plan to restart using the edit work file which
was saved before this one.
8GeneL3.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 03. 2022 22:21

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Ctrl+Z means hold down the control key and then hit the z key and release it. It is that way in the PD documentation.
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Ctrl+Z means hold down the control key and then hit the z key and release it. It is that way in the PD documentation.

To: tomasc Don't know why it happened today instead of yesterday when I tried the Ctrl+Z. But today it worked.
Been busy for twenty minutes taking some of the video segments that were many minutes away from the
front of the edit work file and dragging them back to the segments at the front.
Thank you!

8GeneL3

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 03. 2022 12:54