Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Timeline Framerate... again!
mhk1058 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2018 07:49 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I know framerates have been discussed at length, as well as mismatch when importing clips with frame rates different from the timeline framerate.

However, for example, I have my timeline frame rate set at 60fps in settings/general prefs. I import a 30fps clip or project and get a mismatch message, your clip/projects framerate doesn't match the timeline frame rate set in general prefs, would you like to change it to match the projects.

OK so far, however, if you say yes, the timeline framerate is a changed, to say 30fps, but general prefs still says 60fps.

My question is, is there anywhere I can view the projects frame rate now it has been changed?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not sure what's going on with your system since I've always seen the project timeline's framerate change when I select that option. Here's a screen recording showing PD's normal behavior:

In short, if the Preferences setting is 60fps, that's what your timeline is set to. You can manually change it at any time, and you can also disable the frame rate mismatch warning (which I had to re-enable to make the recording)
mhk1058 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2018 07:49 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm not sure what's going on with your system since I've always seen the project timeline's framerate change when I select that option. Here's a screen recording showing PD's normal behavior:

In short, if the Preferences setting is 60fps, that's what your timeline is set to. You can manually change it at any time, and you can also disable the frame rate mismatch warning (which I had to re-enable to make the recording)

Thank you so much for taking the time to make such a clear video, very much appreciated. That is exactly what I expected should happen, ie the frame rate changes in user preferences if you accept the change. I explore further now I know what the expected behaviour is.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
By any chance do you have clips with different frame rates in your project? If so, PD may select one of the clips as the frame rate standard for the project, and it may not be the one you expect. Maybe try importing a single clip and see if that works as expected.

If it still doesn't behave correctly, you might want to submit a request to CL tech support here. They'll need to know the specific version as well as whether you have the Mac or Windows app.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote By any chance do you have clips with different frame rates in your project? If so, PD may select one of the clips as the frame rate standard for the project, and it may not be the one you expect. Maybe try importing a single clip and see if that works as expected.

If it still doesn't behave correctly, you might want to submit a request to CL tech support here. They'll need to know the specific version as well as whether you have the Mac or Windows app.

The current pref timeline fps setting is saved in the pds file. It won't matter if the timeline has different fps clips and PD doesn't select one, it's what was currently specified in pref when the pds was saved.

Importing a single clip will not trigger a message as CL several releases ago unfortunately removed the fps check for clips dropped on a timeline. A 60fps clip imported and dropped on a pref setting of 30fps timeline will not trigger a message. To my knowledge, the only current waring message is when opening a pds project file if it does not match current pref setting.

Jeff