Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 7 How to change Bit Rate
EDWARD [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 24, 2009 23:31 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I upload my HD videos to vimeo and if your Bit Rate is over 5000 then your video shows up jerky, anyways that is neither here nor there. How do I change the Bit rate when producing a video?
EDWARD [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 24, 2009 23:31 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Anyone know or is it set in stone and there is no option to change it? Thanks.....BTW I am using PD 7
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Edward,

You can customize the wmv profiles when uploading to YouTube or when creating wmv files. Here is where the files are located when you decide to edit them:

You need to download and install Windows Media Editor in order to edit the prx profiles. You can download it at this location: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=5691ba02-e496-465a-bba9-b2f1182cdf24&displaylang=en

When you finally get to the step of inputing the bitrate, it is located on this screen in the profile editing step. You can enter a value of 5000K in the bitrate field, or what ever you decide as your bitrate:

This is a link to a video tutorial that describes how to create and edit a profile that appears in Power Director for use when uploading to YouTube or creating a wmv profile:
http://www.youtube.com/user/PDtoots#p/u/17/vw2RlzIt9EM

Hopefully I have provided all the steps you need to create the proper profile for Vimeo.

Kevin

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 15. 2010 20:06

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.