Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DIVX Crashes
VGi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 15, 2010 10:49 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
every attempt to produce files m2ts to Divx, PD8 ends with crash. .
I am on W7 64bit.

Any thoughts?

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I haven't used the DivX option since they updated the codec, but I know they made some major changes, so if you have the latest version of DivX, that may be the problem. I'll test it when I get a minutes. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
First i dont see DivX format in the produce tab of PD8 to select.. or im am lost..? LOL
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Nicolas,

Divx is in the Avi Profile Type drop down menu.
Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Its funny Cranston, but i have PD 8.00.2704 and in my Avi Profile Type drop down menu there is no Divx on the combobox list. I never need to create a Divx production file. So i never see that bug on my PD8.

If your are right... how come i dont have Divx in my drop down combo list?
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Do you have Divx installed? Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
NicolasNY
[Post New]
In PD8 specifications says that its Divx compatible. That means for a normal user, that it can read and write Divx. I dont have install any other Divx codec in my computer.I assume that PD8 have it. I never need it. Just curios for the original post.

(PD: sorry for the 7 times edition)

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at Jun 12. 2010 03:20

Cranston
[Post New]
Yes, PD8 is Divx compatable. And I hope I'm right. Otherwise I wonder what all those saved Divx video files saved on my computer, created in PD, really are. So, since you do not see Divx listed in the AVi dropdown menu, I wonder if perhaps it is because you don't have the Divx codec installed on your computer.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 12. 2010 03:22

NicolasNY
[Post New]
Well .. i never need it, but if PD says its Divx compatible, it must have a Divx codec. We are talking about who comes first, the chicken or the egg ?
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
Cranston
Simply put, Nicholas says "If I have paid for it,it should be there " PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

NicolasNY
[Post New]
Thanks Babdi... funny but i dont pay for just a Divx.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Compatibility to a function does NOT mean the item should be included.

Go get and install DivX free or Pro version and it will SHOW in the avi selection. Many don't need or use DivX. From version 6, I think, DivX free was not part of the download package from CyberLink. CyberLink do not have any obligation to include it as part of a package. Editors who want DivX can download it.

Now this is all OFF TOPIC from the original post here. Please stay focused on issues raised or start your own enquiry thread.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 12. 2010 06:20

Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

Just to confirm the crashing. On my XP system I had Divx and everything worked just fine. With my new system Windows 7 64 bit, I just installed the Divx codec, rebooted my computer, Powered up PD8 Build 2704, Opened up a project with m2ts source files, went to produce an AVI and selected the Divx High Quality Profile. I selected the destination folder and clicked the START button. PD crashed straight away.

Can I get a refund on my PD8? I am really upset! Who's cage do I need to rattle about this?

Let me do a search on the forum and.........darn!!

Kevin

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jun 12. 2010 14:24

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
VGi [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,
Thank you for testing.
I hope they will fix it soon.
cheers...
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Works fine for me in both XP 32bit and Win7 64bit so not purely a PD issue. Appears to be somewhat platform specific. I used a Panasonic m2ts file by itself, and also with titles, transitions.... and had no problems producing to Divx High Quality Profile.

Jeff
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Jeff for confirming it was working for you. I figured I was missing something....So I did a little checking and found this reference in the Divx support page, there was a reference on the page
The DivX Plus Player supports many other formats with a proper DirectShow filter installed:

File Formats:•.vob, .mpeg, .mpg, .rmvb, .rm, .ts, .m2ts, .mts, .wmv, .dat

http://support.divx.com/faq/view/supportFAQen121/What%20video%20file

So I installed the Full K-lite codec pack and I was then able to produce the avi (divx profile) using the m2ts source files. I was then able to then access the Divx codes settings within PD.

It might be a good idea to create a restore point before installation, but I had no troubles.

KEvin

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jun 12. 2010 19:14

Cranston
[Post New]
Yep Cap'n, the crashing must have been an "incomplete compliment of codecs" issue.
I have always had the K-Lite "full" Codec Pack installed, and Divx seems to work fine for me.

Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Hi Cranston,

You are absolutely right....It was obviously installed on my XP system....So there you have it....hopefully this information will help.

Kevin
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not sure about that requirement for win7. My win7 box is something I built special for Beta testing. I only have win7 64 bit, PD8 and the free Divx codec package installed. No ffdshow, no K-lite, and no other 3rd party codes or codecs and never had them installed.

My XP box does not have ffdshow or K-lite but does have codecs from lots of other codes so not nearly as "clean" to compare actual requirements for PD8 Divx to function correctly.

Jeff
VGi [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you all for you contribution, problem solved.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jun 13. 2010 05:58