Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Will I still be able to use Power Director?
ziggylulu [Avatar]
Member Location: Arnold,Nottingham,UK Joined: Jul 05, 2008 14:40 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All, I am thinking of buying a Canon XL 2 Camera, as this camera will just about take all my money I dont really want to have to upgrade to a different Editing system. So could I still use my PD. Also with my little sony camcorder it downloaded as individual clips, So how would a tape download? is it downloaded as a full length tape or in clips?
Your help would be much appreciated.....................Pete.

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Pete -

I don't think the question is "Will I be able to use PD?" but "Will my PC be up to it?"

Yes - you'll be able to use PD. With MiniDV cameras, clips are captured (as opposed to imported), through a firewire cable. That depends on the particular camera setup. The XL2 has a few different outputs.

When you capture in PD, you have the option of capturing "scenes" or not.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
ziggylulu [Avatar]
Member Location: Arnold,Nottingham,UK Joined: Jul 05, 2008 14:40 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Tony for your reply, What does my computer have to be to be "up to it"..............Pete.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
No Pete -

I wasn't implying that it wouldn't. I just meant there's be a noticeable difference in how it handles editing clips from your "little" Sony compared to clips captured from your "big" XL2.

You'd need to check XL2 user forums or Canon to get details of required specifications.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!