Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
AVI Files
Deewilson [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 03, 2009 10:46 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I'm trying to import AVI files from a digital camera, but when doing so it is taking forever! I had a total time of 42 minutes between several small avi clips and pictures. The specs of one of my AVI file is:

File type: AVI, size 86.30 MB, Original Duration: 00:01:07:01, Resolution: 640X480, Frame rate: 30 00 fps, Aspect Ration: 4:3, Audio Type: Unknown format, Sample rate: 8kHz, Channel: Mono

I'm using PowerDirector 7 Ultra on Windows Vista 32 bit.

It took me five hours to get this in the time line and it takes forever to load. Normally a 45 minute video like that will load up in no time at all. What am I doing wrong? I have been doing these for 2 years without any problems. Normally it would take me 60-90 minutes max to get them in the timeline the way I want. I'm not sure if a setting was changed on the camea - as I'm doing these for my boss and I'm not sure what the camera is set for. Any ideas how I can get these files so they are manageable?

Denise
Marcin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 04, 2010 07:51 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Clean Your TEMP folder and in task menager set PD for high priority maybe it helps a bit
Deewilson [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 03, 2009 10:46 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I will certainly give that a try - thank you! It will be later today before I give it a while, but I will be sure to repost if it helps! Thanks again.