Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
can't play blu rays
MICHAEL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2010 01:51 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
any of them... not just one disc.... i get no video what soever... i just get the stupid unsupported file format error message.... i have powerdvd 10 basic edition or whatever it is called

i have kapersky internet security and i turned it off while installing.... i also updated my radeon hd3200 graphic driver and still doesn't work... what gives?
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Michael,

To play Blu Ray, I think you will need PowerDVD Ultra

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd/compare-retail_en_US.html

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
MICHAEL [Avatar]
[Post New]
but the checks all deal with blu-ray rewriteables and such, it says further down the page under "Movie Collection" that all versions support BD+DVD
MICHAEL [Avatar]
[Post New]
nevermind... you are correct
Kapyong555 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2011 01:55 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Customers should be aware that Cyberlink's products are very buggy - many customers report all sorts of problems with PowerDVD.

One thorny issue is the misleading advertising - it is very UNCLEAR which version is required to play Blu-Rays - numerous people get stuck on that, but it appears Cyblerlink likes it that way. The comparison charts are NOT clear, they seem designed to confuse.

Be wary of this product, and this company.

tvplooks4answers [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 07, 2011 14:50 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Customers should be aware that Cyberlink's products are very buggy - many customers report all sorts of problems with PowerDVD.

One thorny issue is the misleading advertising - it is very UNCLEAR which version is required to play Blu-Rays - numerous people get stuck on that, but it appears Cyblerlink likes it that way. The comparison charts are NOT clear, they seem designed to confuse.

Be wary of this product, and this company.

That's the truth. I have several situations. First, I cannot play blu-ray discs (physical or via Virtual Clone/iso) from Windows Media Center (it just stalls and crashes WMC). Second, if I instal the latest update, I cannot play any blu-ray discs (via Virtual Clone/iso) in Cinema mode. It says the disc isn't supported. However, if I place the original disc, it works fine. Third, I have yet to get a valid response from Customer Support. It's really frustrating when you pay for a product to find it doesn't work.
lee_leses [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 11, 2011 01:43 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have the PowerDvd 10 Mark II, Ultra Version.

They are always trying to sell me an upgrade, but I have yet to figure out how to update the current product for free as it should be, I can't figure out how to update the product at all.

I can use it to play Blu-Ray's as a video file, but not as a Blu-Ray disk with the menus.

I wanted this because Dell's 8.3 version has no mouse controls.

8.3 plays Blu-Rays fine for me, but no mouse controls.

This 10 version says loading blu-ray disk but then I get a black screen and nothing happens.

FYI, for those of you that have the Dell version 8.3 that skips, delete Dell Datasafe Local Backup! It conflicts with the power dvd when running Windows 7 and makes it skip! That took me months to find out.

Does anyone know why I get the black screen and nothing else when I try to use 10 to play a blu-ray.

So far, I have to give this product a double "F".
Paul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 11, 2011 23:23 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I too am running Windows 7 and Media Suite 9 Ultra which includes Power DVD10. Until an hour ago I was getting sound OK but a blank screen. After following up with the hardware and software vendors I have stumbled on the solution to my problem which is actually a settings issue in Power DVD10. The default setting was to allow the program to disable Windows Aero. The result, no picture at all. When I unchecked this box everything came good which was great because my next step was going to involve the throwing off a house brick! Suggest you have a look at this. You find the relevant box by going Power DVD Settings/BluRay Disc/Advanced Options/Windows Aero. Hope this helps you or at least someone else.