Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The Parameter is Incorrect
Cynthia [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 28, 2007 11:10 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello!

I know this topic was already mentioned back in January. But I have the same error message in a different circumstance.

In a project I am working on... after I imported the media files and save the project. I chose one of the 'Captures' and then 'detect additional scenes' from there. From that point, when I select the folder (or when it automatically brings me to the 'drop down' folder contents) I get the error 'The Parameter is Incorrect.' The software doesn't crash, and everything else seems to work right besides the Error Message.

I have done several projects thus far and never received the error 'The Parameter is Incorrect.' Does anyone have any information on this? Is it something I should be concerned with?

Thank you.
Melvyn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 04, 2007 08:17 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I've been experiencing this problem when I made a title that was too long. Cyberlinks response was unfortunately far off from the answer I needed. I'm still following this up with them Their response so far is:

Melvyn Correia Asked 2007/04/05 00:51
So how to solve
Hi,

Your response does not solve my
predicament. How do I delete the
title box. I can't do the project
again!! I just need to delete the
title so that I can move on
cs_staff Wait for response

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Melvyn Correia Asked 2007/04/04 05:02
Parameter is incorrect
Tried all the suggestions and none
working. Have a very powerful machine
with an excellent graphics card as the
monitor is a widescreen high definition
monitor.

The problem is because of using the
default title template and writing a
very long sentence. Thats when the
error "Parameter is incorrect" appears.

Screen print has been done and is
attached -The title just above
the "Halloween Theme" sound track is
causing the error but I can't delete
this title box.

Attach File : Error.jpg
vcyashpal Reply 2007/04/04 16:58
Dear Melyvn,

Thank you for contacting Cyberlink Online Customer Support.

In regard to your issue, we regret to say that long line in title or long title names is not supported by PowerDirector software and therefore it will not work.

We apologize for the inconvienence you have encountered so far.

>>>>>>>>

Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for immediate response for your further queries:

index.jsp

<<<<<<<<<

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification in this issue or for any assistance related to Cyberlink Products.

Thank you and best regards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Melvyn Correia Asked 2007/04/03 05:17
Parameter is Incorrect
Just put a long line in the default
title as I wanted the message to
scroll through. However, I am getting
a message "Parameter is Incorrect" and
then windows crashes. I can't lengthen
the title so that it can scroll slowly
from right to left, nor can I delete
it. Please assist urgently.
vcyashpal Reply 2007/04/03 16:50
Dear Melvyn,

Thank you for contacting Cyberlink Online Support.

In regard to your issue, kindly follow the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:

1. To avoid any compatibility issues, please close all other software and utility applications including virus scans, screen saver and instant messaging software before you launch Power Director.

2. Reset your display settings, screen area to 1024*768, color depth to 16 bit and monitor refresh rate to 60 HZ.

3.Please update your VGA card driver. You may contact your VGA card manufacturer or the computer manufacturer to get the latest drivers.

If issue is still not resolved, we may need to reinstall PowerDirector.

4. Uninstall PowerDirector software:

a.) Start--> Programs -->Cyberlink PowerDirector --> Uninstall PowerDirector
b.) Start --> Run --> type "regedit" --> click "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" --> click
"Software" --> click "Cyberlink" -->Delete "Cyberlink" this folder
c.) Start --> Run --> type "regedit"--> click "Hkey_Current_user" --> click
"Software" --> click "Cyberlink" -->Delete "Cyberlink" this folder.
d.) Delete C:\Programs Files\Cyberlink
And reboot your PC.

5.Reinstall PowerDirector from the CD.

6.Please close all other software and utility applications.

If still issue persists then kindly provide us the screenshot of the error message for further troubleshooting:

lostcdkey.jsp

>>>>>>>>

Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for immediate response for your further queries:

index.jsp

<<<<<<<<<

Please do not hesitate to contact us back if the issue persists.

Cynthia [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 28, 2007 11:10 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you Melvyn for responding to my 'issue.' It appears that you and I are getting a simlar error for different issues.
My computer actually crashed twice this week and I believe it was due to the Power Director software and whatever errors I have been getting. Although, I can't be positive. I save my work repeatedly so I do'nt loose it when my computer decides to crash again. Although, I would prefer to find out what the problem is.
I also have an extremely powerful pc with a top of the line graphics card, and a high def monitor. May I ask what kind of pc or laptop you have? Would you recomend uninstalling and reinstalling the software as they listed below?
I am surprised I have not received any acknowledgement about my forum post either.
As far as your issue goes, what exactly are you trying to do? Have you deleted the title box yet? I think you wrote that you couldn't delete it, correct?

Thanks.
Melvyn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 04, 2007 08:17 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I've just redone my full project again as am getting absolutely no help from the support team :

vcyashpal Reply 2007/04/06 12:58
Dear Melvyn,

Thank you for contacting Cyberlink Online Customer Support.

In regard to your issue, we regret the inconvienence you have encountered so far.

Kindly right click on the project and select remove and the title will be deleted from your project.

>>>>>>>>

index.jsp

<<<<<<<<<

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification in this issue or for any assistance related to Cyberlink Products.

AND MY RESPONSE WAS:

Doesn't Work
Sorry to be sarcastic here, nut I have
been using a computer for the last 10
years and do know how to delete the
title. PD5 doesnt allow me to right
click - as soon as I take the mouse
near it I just get this little window
saying Parameter is incorrect - That's
why I raised it in the first place -
because I had no way out - the software