Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
x.v.Color?
[Post New]
What is this option?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
x.v.Color: x.v.Color is a new color system that can display a wider color range than usual. CyberLink PowerDirector can generate an x.v.Color-compliant stream, which is backward compatible with RGB displays, while offering the opportunity to achieve better visual quality if your playback environment is x.v.Color ready).

From the PD8 help section.

You now know as much as I do (which isn't a lot)

Google search Results Click

Wikipedia results

AVMag results

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 21. 2010 12:15

Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
It is also an option that can be enabled on my Sony HDR SR-12 camera. It supposedly allows you to shoot in a wider color gammut.

For what it's worth.

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Richard [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Australia Joined: Jan 04, 2009 08:23 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
Good old google books

http://books.google.com/books?id=BtCOgrpzbz4C&lpg=PA26&ots=W7OWmMbOZz&dq=converting%20color%20spaces%20xvycc&pg=PA26#v=onepage&q=xvycc&f=false

If your camera supports it and you encode to AVCHD why not use it?
Like everything technology is changing, my Dell 2405 is wide gamut, and so is my old Loewe 72cm and when I eventually do upgrade to a large flat panel I will definately be investigating the colour space capabilities. I imagine that AVCHD on BD through HDMI v1.3 to a panel with a x.v.color logo on it should work..... any takers for a side by side comparison test?

edit Just found this good article from sony. Of course it says that if you have a sony HD camera with sony bravia you can make use of xvcolour space, but it doesn't mention that it is not available under the blu-ray profile and only under avchd on bluray.
http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/technology/technology/theme/xvycc_01.html

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 22. 2010 04:26

Richard

Camera Canon HG21 PAL, PD-Ultra v8.00.2508
PC Asus KFN32-D SLI, Dual Opteron 2216, 4GB ECC Registered, Nvidia Quadro FX5600 Driver v181.20, Vista x64 Ultimate SP2, Plenty of fast HDD Space.
[Post New]
Thanks a lot