Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD und Rapid Storage Technology
Guest [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have PowerDVD 9 and currently refuse to pay for 10. They can give me 10 if they want for all my hard work and troubles i have gone through since I bought 9, but they dont seem like that kind of company.

Yea i know folks dont always say my stuff works, but finding powerdvd and nvidia working together seems far fetched right now.

I never liked ATI, hate ATI on my office computers, and swear i will never buy 1. Too bad powerdvd seems to only want to work flawless on ATI.
Larry Patrick [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jul 11, 2007 14:21 Messages: 276 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have PowerDVD 9 and currently refuse to pay for 10. They can give me 10 if they want for all my hard work and troubles i have gone through since I bought 9, but they dont seem like that kind of company.

Yea i know folks dont always say my stuff works, but finding powerdvd and nvidia working together seems far fetched right now.

I never liked ATI, hate ATI on my office computers, and swear i will never buy 1. Too bad powerdvd seems to only want to work flawless on ATI.

Man i have got to remember to verify i am logged in... Doing that way to often under Anonymous and no way to edit or delete it. I need a vacation... even from Powerdvd...
Chef665 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 20, 2010 02:08 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Is there any way to force the deactivation of the hardware acceleration (registry tweak or something like that)? Just want to try out if the PowerDVD-Nvidia-Combo is to blame for this.
Guest [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Is there any way to force the deactivation of the hardware acceleration (registry tweak or something like that)? Just want to try out if the PowerDVD-Nvidia-Combo is to blame for this.

Well the easiest way is to force standard pci graphics for the driver. I have a funny feeling powerdvd will scream though. I have been meaning to find a way to do this also. It seems since XP you can no longer go turn off hardware acceleration. Yes Vista had an option but 90% of the drivers didn't have support enabled for a user to do it.