Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Install Trial on Windows 7 x64
Karen [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 05, 2010 12:00 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I've tried to install the trial version CyberLink.2508 on my Windows 7 x64 machine and get a message that this version of the file is not compatible with the version of Windows that I am running. It does not even start the install. I've searched and it appears that the current version of the software is compatible with Windows 7 x64, but perhaps the trial version isn't or I should have downloaded a different version (which I couldn't find anywhere). I would really like to try the software and hope you can help.
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Try to open it in WinXP compatibility mode.
That should work.
Right-Click onto the Program icon, choose "properties" (or similar; the last item in the context menu), goto flag "Compatibility", mark the checkbox "open program in compatibility mode for...." - and choose one of ehe offered Windows versions.

On the other hand - I had no difficulties with the installation under Win7/64 - maybe you d/l-ed the 32bit-version (honestly, I don't remember whether there was a 64bit-version).

Michael.
Karen [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 05, 2010 12:00 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your help, Mike. Since you said it worked for you, I decided to redownload the software and it seems to be installing just fine. I guess the file was damaged the first time. If it doesn't work, I'll try your other suggestion. Your response helped a lot especially since I have yet to hear from CyberLink directly (I sent an email yesterday).
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
No problem with compatibility with Win7 64 bit here.

Mike - I don't think there are 32bit & 64bit versions.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
MICHAEL JON [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 06, 2010 17:43 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Please read my last post in the topic tonight:
Power Director 8 and Media Express 5.5 don't except .m2t file imports Why?

I have finally got it to run right on Win 7 64bit, but it has some things you need to do first. Support gave me the fix.

Mike Perry