Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD6 Feature Updates or Downgrades?
Zach [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 19, 2007 11:41 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I'm new here! After a brief search in these forums and online, I couldn't find an answer anywhere (unless I'm blind) but I'm trying to find out if PowerDirector 6 offers "multi-layer" menus in the DVD authoring/creation section. I know that PD5 did not, but has this changed with PD6? Also, since I am highly considering purchasing PD6, is there anything that it does NOT have that PD5 has? Thanks for any input!
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi.
I am not sure exactly what you mean by multi-layer (do you mean many pages?)...but the DVD Authoring section has improved a lot and is even better than in PowerProducer. It says it is improved "DVD Template Designer - 29 new designs, moveable buttons, text and color tools let you create stylish menus for your movie DVDs "
As far as I can tell...nothing has been removed, only many new things added or improved.
Let me know exactly what you mean by "multi-layer" and I will try to figure it out for ya.
Dave
Zach [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 19, 2007 11:41 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks-- what I mean by "multi-layer" is more or less a "submenu" feature; where you can create a main menu (root menu) then have the option of adding more layers or 'sub-menus' within the main menu and so on... similar to a commercial DVD: the title menu with 3 options for "bonus features"; "scene selection" and "play movie". hope this clarifoes what I mean, I am impressed that there have been so many more improvments in this version. Definitely why I'd like to try it out-- if I can get the CD-Key for the trial version figured out. (See another post for that one) Thanks again!
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Zach,
That's what I thought you meant. I believe the answer is no, because you can only create a disc containing one video/movie...with multiple chapters. In PowerProducer you can insert more than one video file on a disc, each video having multiple chapters...therefore multi-layered.

Funny that the menu designer in PowerDirector 6 seems so much better than PowerProducer though.

Hope that helped