Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Trouble uploading my video to youtube? Please help..?
Iaintevenmad [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 14, 2010 12:49 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]

Whenever I try to upload my video to youtube that message comes up. Why is this happening?

Please help.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Chris,

Interesting problem....and your screen shot basically shows that it rendered the file and completely uploaded the file to Youtube as I see the Green Checkmark showing a completed upload. And it looks like you are within the video duration time limit(is it still 10 minutes?)

Just curious...
1. Which YouTube profile setting did you select?
2. Did you make multiple attempts with the same message?
3. Are you using the latest build of Power Director 8? 2704?

Here is the link to the update 2704:
http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html

Kevin

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 14. 2010 13:06

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Iaintevenmad [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello, thank you very much for replying.

Well yes I tried uploading last night and it worked fine but i had to take my video down because the audio was disabled.

Now when i try that message appears up, and yes it's happened 5-6 times now.

Please tell me what I should do

i will download that file but when was it released because if it was released last night maybe thats the reason. As i stated above it worked fine last night, but now it's not

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 14. 2010 13:10

Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Just another question....we Love asking questions

Can you upload a video to your YouTube account manually...not through Power Director? Have you done that before? Just go to your YouTube account and the "upload video"....browse for the file on your PC...then upload....is that successful?

Kevin
Iaintevenmad [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've never done that, but if I did the quality would be horrible wouldnt it?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Upload the PD8 sample video... as a test.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Iaintevenmad [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok guess i will.
And if that fails, what do i do :\?
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Hi Chris,

I've never done that, but if I did the quality would be horrible wouldnt it?

No it would be exactly the same quality. The file was first produced in the folder where you named the file before selecting the START key. Just upload the same file manually from your YouTube account. There isn't a difference between PD8 uploading and you uploading manually....as far as I know.

Kevin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 14. 2010 16:30

Kent105 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 12, 2010 19:19 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Had exactly same problem as you Chris...I have had 3 attempts and 3 failures..but have uploaded the file successfully from within Facebook...is a pity there is no option to stop after the file is rendered....waste of time waiting for the upload from PD8...unsuccessful...then time spent again uploading from facebook...
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Hi Kent,

Actually if you were trying to upload to YouTube through Power Director....once the rendering process has finished, then the upload process starts. If you select CANCEL UPLOAD...the upload process stops and the file should be in the folder you selected.

I just completed a test to verify it.

Kevin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 14. 2010 19:34

Kent105 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 12, 2010 19:19 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Kevin....that's handy to know...is a good concept by PD8...would be good if it worked as intended..

Kent
Ben [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 25, 2010 10:28 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not able to upload to Youtube at all ("cannot connect to the Youtube server" etc.) I've read that it is a fault between PD8 and Youtube, not much we can do right now.. I'm downloading the latest PD8 patch now anyway, maybe that will sort it.

But in the meantime, can anyone tell me what the settings are for the Youtube HD (1280x720) profile so that I can create a profile manually, and upload it manually? And which file type is best, avi, mpeg2, h.264, wmv, mov etc. ?

Any info will be much appreciated thank you!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 25. 2010 11:42

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/218/creating-wmv-templates/

Dafydd
JMK2011 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Mar 19, 2009 16:35 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
This process worked for me with YouTube vids.
Work on your vid then render it (I use MPEG2), go back to time line and remove all previous work and drag the new rendered vid to timeline now to "produce" go and upload to YouTube...

Try it...
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
http://seemyworldonvideo.com/pages/extras-news-items.html
It's free to join.
You'll find some templates for wmv I've created.

I can make specific (prx/wmv) templates for you if you like, give me your preferences.

I opt to create a .3G2 file (=.mp4). I then for SeeMyworldOnVideo convert the 3g2 to an FLV with slightly smaller frame size using Super.
See: http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/840/ancient-little-boat/

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 26. 2010 08:01