Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DVD will not load in DVD player
[Post New]
I'm new to PowerDirector and have run into an issue I cannot figure out how to resolve. I'm trying to make multiple copies of DVD's for family members and I did not have any trouble with my first project and the DVD's work fine. When I burned my 2nd project, it verified the burn was successful but when I went to view it in my DVD player it would not load. I tried to burn it 2 more times and both times it indicated the burn was successful but neither of these DVD's would load either. I put a lot of time into the project and really would like to find a way to successfully burn it. I just cannot figure out what is going wrong. Any ideas? Thanks. Redwing Roger

Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium, Intel Core i7-860 2.8GHz processor, 8Gb DDR3 SDRAM, nVidia GeForce GTS240 1024MB graphics card, 2nd internal HD - WD Black Caviar 2TB. PD 9 Ultra, Build 9.00.2330
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there Redwing Roger,

What version(6, 7, or8?) and build(software update) are you currently using of Power Director?

The latest build for Power Director 7 is 3017.
The latest build for Power Director 8 is 2704.

Here is the link to the updates:
http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html

It is a common practice in answering questions that the first step to take to resolve a problem is to have the latest update installed. Often times after it is installed the problem is corrected. And many times it is not, but that gives other members an idea of how to troubleshoot your problem.

Here is a link to an example where updating with the latest build cured the problem with regards to disc burning....take a look:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/10867.page

Good Luck! And let us know how you make out.

Kevin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 08. 2010 22:31

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
[Post New]
Hey Cap’n Kevin, thanks for your response, it is appreciated. I’m using a trial copy of PD 8, version 2508. It appears there is not an option to update the trial version. I was eventually able to make 8 copies each of 3 different projects, all about 30 minutes in length. I had a total of 6 failed burns. I noticed that when I would get the dialog box indicating the burn was successful, after clicking OK, if the disk took 15 to 20 seconds to eject instead of 3 to 5 seconds, those copies would not load in my DVD player. I wonder if something is going wrong when the disc is finalizing? I do have a new computer with 8 GB of memory and an Intel Core i7-860 processor. When burning I do disconnect my network cable to prevent any internet traffic and I disable my AV and firewall software. Other than the burning issue, I have been very pleased with PowerDirector 8. The program does stop responding once in a while but it has been relatively stable, much more so then my Corel image editing program. I do intend to buy PD 8 and at that time I can update the program and maybe that will resolve the issue. Redwing Roger

Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium, Intel Core i7-860 2.8GHz processor, 8Gb DDR3 SDRAM, nVidia GeForce GTS240 1024MB graphics card, 2nd internal HD - WD Black Caviar 2TB. PD 9 Ultra, Build 9.00.2330
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
You can also try making a DVD folder and using a free program like Imgburn to burn your finished projects. What kind of DVD media are you using? That can also make a difference. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi again Redwing Roger,

Can someone tell me why he is getting the 2508 build when the latest is 2704?

Just curious.

Kevin
[Thumb - trial version build.PNG]
 Filename
trial version build.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
28 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
217 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 09. 2010 16:17

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
[Post New]
James and Cap’n Kevin, thanks for your responses. I used Sony DVD R media for burning. James, you mentioned using Imgburn to burn the project. Does this program recognize the PowerDirector files and allow you to open and burn them from their program? I have had the trail version for maybe two weeks now, has the latest version been updated since then? Thanks again, I really appreciate forum member support. Redwing Roger

James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
No, Imgburn does not recognize Cyberlink files. When you create a DVD folder you are creating on your hard drive the same files which would normally go on a DVD. This folder will have two directories. One is called Video_TS and the other is Audio_TS. A DVD player can recognize these two folders and decode the video and audio. The Audio_TS folder is often empty. You can use Imgburn to copy these two folders to a DVD for playback on a regular DVD drive. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
[Post New]
OK, now I understand. I will download ImgBurn and will give that a try. Thanks for the tip. Redwing Roger

[Post New]
JamesW, sorry for such a late reply but I wanted to let you know that I followed your recommendation to try burning projects to a folder and then using ImgBurn to burn those files to a DVD. It works great. The projects burn very quickly to DVD and I have not had any failed attempts while burning from ImgBurn to DVD. Great suggestion, thanks. Redwing Roger