Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Critical bugs with PowerDVD 10
rxb216 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2009 23:09 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
There are 2 CRITICAL flaws with PowerDVD 10. They are so bad in fact that I went back to version 9 until these are fixed.

Issue 1: When watching a DVD or a DVD from disk you CANNOT always enter into true full screen mode when you want. It is hit and miss. Most likely you won't be able get into full screen mode. You will still have the playback scroll bar at the bottom of your screen and it will not go away.

Full screen is only guaranteed enterable when watching media files (mpg, avi, mkv, etc).

Issue 2: After about 5 minutes of watching media files (mpg, avi, mkv, etc) Audio is DEAD. I have NO AUDIO when viewing media files.

Audio ONLY works with DVD and DVD from disk files. Closing and starting the program does not help. If I reinstall the audio comes back for 5 min again and then dies.

ALSO, MP3 playing does not work, the program will report the file format is not supported. I saw someone else complaining about this too.

Re-installing doesn't fix anything.

I have NO 3rd party codecs like ffdshow or divx installed.

Version 9 works like a charm. Version 10 is garbage, so save your money.

Cyberlink, get your act together, seriously!
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I think you should not judge the whole product by only testing your specific platform. I fact most users have no problems.

I can confirm issue #1 and we work on a solution. (but no schedule to confirm yet)

for the audio issues you may provide some information here or contact support team for investigation.

http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

Greetings
Michael

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
rxb216 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2009 23:09 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Issue 2 is solvable by disabling the audio device and then re-enabling it again in the OS. Not a good solution, but the only way to get sound enabled again.

System:
Audio: SigmaTel (now IDT) STAC9200 HD
al [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 06, 2010 21:43 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
power dvd 10 just crashed on me. I just tried to play a mkv file and got this error:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: PowerDVD10.exe
Application Version: 10.0.1515.0
Application Timestamp: 4b9e2c4e
Fault Module Name: aticaldd.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.14.10.553
Fault Module Timestamp: 4b68f2b5
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000ed9f3
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I hope that this can help..
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
rxb216 wrote:

Issue 1: When watching a DVD or a DVD from disk you CANNOT always enter into true full screen mode when you want. It is hit and miss. Most likely you won't be able get into full screen mode. You will still have the playback scroll bar at the bottom of your screen and it will not go away.

I can confirm this problem on my system

Issue 2: After about 5 minutes of watching media files (mpg, avi, mkv, etc) Audio is DEAD. I have NO AUDIO when viewing media files.

I have never lost my audio when playing my media files, which also includes m2ts.

ALSO, MP3 playing does not work, the program will report the file format is not supported. I saw someone else complaining about this too.

I can play ALL my mp3 files with no problems.

It seems to me that Cyberlink has put out a very nice product. I am very pleased with its performance so far.

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
aditya [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 07, 2010 00:44 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have to report another serious bug.
It does an option to movie from disk which was available in other versions.
Even PDVD9 sometimes fails to play movie in video-TS folder. I have to play each vob file separately.
Adam112 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 10, 2010 11:24 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I was pretty excited about the PowerDVD 10 release, so upgraded to the Ultra edition without hesitation.... now I'm requesting a refund..

I thought that maybe some of my frustrations with version 9 would be corrected, they were only exacerbated, and new issues added on.

As mentioned before, you cannot enter full screen mode when playing files from your local media library. I messed around with it forever figuring it must be something I was doing wrong... until I checked the forums.

My Audio sporadically drops out, or loses the voice channel. Every time I start a movie, I don't want to spend 20 minutes figuring why the hell I don't have audio.

You stilll cannot drag and drop a local folder and have it play like a normal DVD, it plays as if it were a play list, and all the DVD menus are disabled, and you can't use the slider.

The program sporadically crashes or freezes up on me. I wasted enough time, and just ended up uninstalling the junker...

Is to really too much to ask that I be able to reliabley and effortlessly play movies from my media server?

shpaniel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 16, 2010 17:07 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
When trying to play MKV files i'm getting media not supported, i'v tried it with several files and none of them work.

I'm running the latest upgraded version of Power DVD 10 Ultra Mark II

Can anyone help please??