Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I change the font size for menus
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
I just installed Photodirector. I can hardly read the fonts. They are too small. How do I change the font size for menus?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 24. 2022 22:02

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Willivan0706 -

Are you perhaps using a 4K/UHD (or higher resolution) monitor? If so, you may need to adjust your display settings in Windows (System > Display > Scale & Layout).

Can you post a screenshot?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
David_D [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 10, 2019 10:03 Messages: 53 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Willivan0706 -

Are you perhaps using a 4K/UHD (or higher resolution) monitor? If so, you may need to adjust your display settings in Windows (System > Display > Scale & Layout).

Can you post a screenshot?

Cheers - Tony

I'm having th is issue as well - on both photo director and power director. Duel screen set up - which is new to me. When I drag the window to the 4K monitor - the fonts/ menus are so small it's nearly impossible to read. Are you suggesting that when use PD I need to downscale the resolution on the 4K monitor?

Thanks
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote ... Are you suggesting that when use PD I need to downscale the resolution on the 4K monitor?

Not in the least. Please follow the steps ynotfish layed out to change the display size of PhD's menu text so that it's a better fit on your high resolution monitor
David_D [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 10, 2019 10:03 Messages: 53 Offline
[Post New]

Not in the least. Please follow the steps ynotfish layed out to change the display size of PhD's menu text so that it's a better fit on your high resolution monitor

I do not see any steps in ynotfish's post - other than to check the display settings. Dragging open windows to the 4k screen works just fine - except to photo and power director programs.

Although just now (this time) - Photo director opened in teh 4K screen and looks normal. The issues seems to be when the program originates on the small / main / lower res screen, and then is dragged over, cycberlink programs don't adjust to 4k settings like other programs do.

I guess I need to figure out how to get photo and Power director to open in the 4K screen initally.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The "step" is to simply adjust the text scaling to see if that improves your situation.

Most CL apps don't handle mulitple monitors very well, and you may want to try an app like Display Fusion which will remember the window size and position on your desired monitor.

Take a look at this post from 2015 for more info.