Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdirector Update Erased my Save Files
tvrbinky1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 10, 2022 10:08 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I used the Cyberlink Application Manager to update Powerdirector365. Afterwards my save files are empty. I went to the autosave to try and reopen from there, and those were also blank.

I'm now missing 10+ hours worth of work with no idea how to recover in this situation.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I used the Cyberlink Application Manager to update Powerdirector365. Afterwards my save files are empty. I went to the autosave to try and reopen from there, and those were also blank.

I'm now missing 10+ hours worth of work with no idea how to recover in this situation.

Hi,
Need a bit more info for members to help.

Update from which version to which version?

Default Autosave folder location for PDR21, 20, 19 are:

C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\21.0\Cache\AutoSave
C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\20.0\Cache\Autosave
C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\19.0\Cache\Autosave

The \AppData\ folder is a hidden folder, so you will have to set windows to display it in file explorer.

I'm not clear what you mean by "my save files are empty". Can you be more specific?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
tvrbinky1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 10, 2022 10:08 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

Hi,
Need a bit more info for members to help.

Update from which version to which version?

Default Autosave folder location for PDR21, 20, 19 are:

C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\21.0\Cache\AutoSave
C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\20.0\Cache\Autosave
C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\19.0\Cache\Autosave

The \AppData\ folder is a hidden folder, so you will have to set windows to display it in file explorer.

I'm not clear what you mean by "my save files are empty". Can you be more specific?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

I checked the caches already. Autosave files all wiped too. Basically if I opened the file? There were no clips. No effects, no sounds, no subtitles. The file saves were empty. Like opening a new, untouched file.

I'm not sure what version of it I had, but I'd reinstalled it in the middle of last month from a fresh download from the CL site. It had shut down a couple of times very recently (which I saw other people complaining about) and decided to do an update. I just updated it to 21.0.2214.0.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
So did you not ever use File | Save or File | Save As (or click on the Save icon) to save your original project? Or is that what you mean by "save files were empty" because when you opened up the .PDS (project) file, there wasn't any content?
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I used the Cyberlink Application Manager to update Powerdirector365. Afterwards my save files are empty. I went to the autosave to try and reopen from there, and those were also blank.

I don't know if it has anything to do with the case.
After the last or previous PD365/21 update
Saved project, changed the name extension as I only went back to the project the next day, I was confused and lost a lot of time until I discovered the error.
First I tried to open the auto save projects I also had the same error, I don't remember the extension, of the file, in notepad, something meaningless.
Just change the extension to “name”. PDS and it was
sorted out.
It happened again later but I already knew where to fix it.
I'm not sure but it seemed to me that there was an update that didn't change version 365 v: 21.0.2214.0.
The fact is that it is normal now, but very slowly, it takes time to load the material and when changing the media room etc...