Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdirector 8 - Progressive or Interlaced????
ismael [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 01, 2010 13:06 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
hi, i really like powerdirector 8 ultra, its simple to use... but there is one thing that bothers me...

when i finish burning my home movies to dvd, i find out that my videos are coming out Interlaced, not progressive. what gives?

is there an option im not seeing?

can some one help me out??

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: hi, i really like powerdirector 8 ultra, its simple to use... but there is one thing that bothers me...
when i finish burning my home movies to dvd, i find out that my videos are coming out Interlaced, not progressive. what gives?
is there an option im not seeing?
can some one help me out??

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/9621.page#48211

may help.

Split the create process into a produce file and then write to disc, so you can use the progressive option.

Please note, I don't know what source footage you're using is or anything.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 01. 2010 16:34

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
The native format for DVD is 480i, so do as Dafydd said and produce it first using a custom profile of 480p and see if that helps. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
-Jim-
Member Location: West Coast of Canada - Home of the 2010 Winter Olympics! Joined: Mar 29, 2009 13:32 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Gents,

Is this true for other resolutions ? (Particularly HD?) Regards,

Jim

Asus Z87-A Motherboard - O/C if needed to about 4.6 Ghz.
Intel i7 4770K CPU
16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR3 Ram
OCZ 448 Gig SSD (for OS and related Video Editing Programs)
1 TB, 1.5 TB, and 3 TB Data Drives - Slide in Drawers as needed.
LG's HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH10LS30 Blu ray Burner
Samsung SH-S223F 16x DVD Burner
Gigabyte GTX 660Ti NVidia Geforce Graphics Card
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
In HD the 720 is progressive and the 1080 is interlaced, but you can also create a custom profile for 1080 which is progressive. That's what I did for 1080 and 480 and it has worked pretty well so far. I'm not sure if the 480 stays as progressive when actually burning a DVD. That's something I will have to test for future reference. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
sausher67 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 21, 2009 19:38 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
"Split the create process into a produce file and then write to disc, so you can use the progressive option." Tried that - but when burning DVDs, interlacing is automatic, and the results still look like pinstriped garbage. Or did I do something wrong? Seriously - no progressive option when creating DVDs? That seems like a huge oversight. Please tell me there's a fix for this by now because I really do not want to go back to Rox...