Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
NVIDIA Video Noise Removal disappeared
AristoCraft
Newbie Location: Los Angeles Joined: Oct 08, 2016 20:36 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
After the latest update of PWD, "Apply NVIDIA Video Noise Removal" is greyed out. It was such a good tool. What happened? I have both NVIDIA experience, NVIDIA Broadcast, and NVIDIA Studio, the latest driver installed.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote After the latest update of PWD, "Apply NVIDIA Video Noise Removal" is greyed out. It was such a good tool. What happened? I have both NVIDIA experience, NVIDIA Broadcast, and NVIDIA Studio, the latest driver installed.

Hi,

Can you give your exact version of PDR?

My PDR365 Business 21.0.2214 seems to work fine but PDR had to download and install the components when I selected NVIDIA VNR.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
AristoCraft
[Post New]
I have the same version of 365 as yours, but not Business.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It's greyed out on my 2 machines as well. I've never used it so I don't know if it was available for me earlier or when it became disabled. I'm running 2 different nVidia drivers (526.47 and 526.98), so it's most likely an issue with PD 365. Does anyone see the issue with the lifetime license version od PD21?

I think this should be reported to CL tech support via the link in PDR's signature.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The last time I tried it was in PD365/20 and it appeared to work. The sample clip is on the timeline. Trying the Nvidia Noise Removal today in PDR365/21 resulted in the error screen in the screenshot. I have no plans to report this to Support as they ask a lot of irrelevant questions without ever testing it on PD365. I am still waiting for them on my last issue. The Nvidia noise removal can be reported by someone who is willing to spend lots of time with them.
[Thumb - 221121 PD365 VD.jpg]
 Filename
221121 PD365 VD.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
on last and then latest nvidia drivers
 Filesize
194 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
18 time(s)
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote After the latest update of PWD, "Apply NVIDIA Video Noise Removal" is greyed out. It was such a good tool. What happened? I have both NVIDIA experience, NVIDIA Broadcast, and NVIDIA Studio, the latest driver installed.

Hi,

Just some further info.

My NVIDIA VNR works ok with content up to 1080 HD. Over 1080, it becomes unavailable and greyed out. I haven't tested in a wide range of circumstances, but content is apparently one variable?

The Help file has this:

Video Denoise

This tool removes video noise from a video clip, including High-ISO and TV signal noise. If your computer's GPU supports NVIDIA Broadcast, you will have the following options:

•Apply CyberLink Video Denoise to reduce video noise: select this option to use the video denoise technology from CyberLink. Once enabled, drag the Denoise Degree slider to increase or decrease the level of denoise on the video.

Note: if your computer's GPU does not support NVIDIA Broadcast, this is the only option available.

•Apply NVIDIA Video Noise Removal: select this option to use the AI video denoise technology** from NVIDIA. Once enabled, drag the Effect strength slider to increase or decrease the level of denoise on the video.

Note: ** this feature requires Windows 11 or 10, 8 GB of RAM, and a GPU that supports NVIDIA Broadcast. See this FAQ for detailed requirement information. Optional feature in CyberLink PowerDirector. Check the version table on our web site for detailed versioning information

the FAQ is here https://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/faq-content.do?id=26363

I suggest you raise a ticket with support and see if they have any info to shed light on the issue?

Cheers,

PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 21. 2022 04:34

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Interesting. I can confirm that it's available and it works with Canon .MTS HD 60p clips on my desktop system without any errors

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
AristoCraft
[Post New]

Hi,

Just some further info.

My NVIDIA VNR works ok with content up to 1080 HD. Over 1080, it becomes unavailable and greyed out. I haven't tested in a wide range of circumstances, but content is apparently one variable?

The Help file has this:

Video Denoise
This tool removes video noise from a video clip, including High-ISO and TV signal noise. If your computer's GPU supports NVIDIA Broadcast, you will have the following options:
•Apply CyberLink Video Denoise to reduce video noise: select this option to use the video denoise technology from CyberLink. Once enabled, drag the Denoise Degree slider to increase or decrease the level of denoise on the video.
Note: if your computer's GPU does not support NVIDIA Broadcast, this is the only option available.
•Apply NVIDIA Video Noise Removal: select this option to use the AI video denoise technology** from NVIDIA. Once enabled, drag the Effect strength slider to increase or decrease the level of denoise on the video.
Note: ** this feature requires Windows 11 or 10, 8 GB of RAM, and a GPU that supports NVIDIA Broadcast. See this FAQ for detailed requirement information. Optional feature in CyberLink PowerDirector. Check the version table on our web site for detailed versioning information

the FAQ is here https://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/faq-content.do?id=26363

I suggest you raise a ticket with support and see if they have any info to shed light on the issue?

Cheers,
PowerDirector Moderator

So you're correct!

NVIDIA Video noise reduction worked on HD 1080p footage, but it becomes greyed out on 4k footage. Cyberlink needs to note somewhere that that feature works only on up to 1080p resolution. Which makes sense since it's more difficult to get grainy footage on 4k... although I managed somehow to get a lot of noise on the night shooting....

Thank you!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
To my knowledge, the current Nvidia AI OptiX SDK package which more than likely CL implemented in PD for the Nvidia Video Noise Removal tool feature, for that, the Nvidia denoising engine only supports videos with a width from 80-1920 pixels and height from 90-1080 pixels.

Jeff
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Jeff has solved another one. While the current PD21 may only work with 1920 pixel videos, the earlier PD20/365 did work with dji 4k UHD 3820 x 2160 videos. See this thread as other contributors got it working: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/86410.page .