Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"Burn Disk" worked once, now fails in 365
Zorikh [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 05, 2015 20:33 Messages: 99 Offline
[Post New]
I had 365 on my computer from over a year ago and never used it. I was having trouble burning a disk in PD19, so I tried it in the free version of 365 I had, and it worked, but there were some blank spots in the video.

It turned out that the program was not reading certain video files. I downloaded the current free version of 365, and though it recognizes and plays all the files, now when I try to burn a disk it doesn.t work.

The "Authoring" starts quick enough, but by the time it gets to 31% it slows doen, and eventually i got the pop-up that said the burning had been stopped, while the Authoring was stuck at 44%.

I closed the program, restarted the computer, and tried again. Again, it started fast, then slowed, and it has been at 42% for almost an hour.

Am I missing something here?
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
What are the specs of the video you are trying to edit and what device created them?

Also, what operating system are you using with which processor, and how much free space is on your hard drive?
Zorikh [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote What are the specs of the video you are trying to edit and what device created them?

Also, what operating system are you using with which processor, and how much free space is on your hard drive?

THank you for getting back to me. Your question about the free space inspired me to look into it. I had been working with few enough avaiable GB that the program would not burn until I sent the Disk Image and Folder to an external hard drive.

So I went in and moved or deleted enough files to make free a total of 16 GB out of 459, and I am tried to burn a new disk.

At 61% of Authoring, it stopped and a pop-up appeared saying "Somehow, the program has stopped."

As to your other questions:

The videos ae from a variety of cameras and an Android cell phonefrom 2018, in a variety of resolutions and even aspect ratios. Most are hi-def, 16:9, but one is standard-def, 4:3.

I edited the entire project on Cyberlink Power Director 19.

The processor is "AMD Ryzen 7 3700U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.30 GHz"

The OS is Windows 11.
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
My first thought is that the program is still choking on your lack of hard drive free space. 16 gig is still pretty tight for transcoding video. I start to panic when my drive gets below 50-75 gig. And, though some people thinks it's an antiquated concept, I still defrag my drive, especially when free space starts getting low. That keeps all the free space in one spot so that programs can better use it for creating and moving large temp files.

You also don't say how long your movie is. But try making a copy of your project file as a test and cut it down to about a 10 minute movie and try to output DVD files from there. If that works, then the issue is definitely hard drive free space, since the program can transcode shorter movies but not a larger epic.
Zorikh [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote My first thought is that the program is still choking on your lack of hard drive free space. 16 gig is still pretty tight for transcoding video. I start to panic when my drive gets below 50-75 gig. And, though some people thinks it's an antiquated concept, I still defrag my drive, especially when free space starts getting low. That keeps all the free space in one spot so that programs can better use it for creating and moving large temp files.

You also don't say how long your movie is. But try making a copy of your project file as a test and cut it down to about a 10 minute movie and try to output DVD files from there. If that works, then the issue is definitely hard drive free space, since the program can transcode shorter movies but not a larger epic.

The movie is about one hour and 50 minutes long. So I guess I will just take the first ten minutes and try that.

I am using a dual-layer disk because the disk-burning function wants to burn it at 740 x 480/60i (9.5Mbps) and says that is 8095 MB.

In the meantime, I will defrag my computer right now. I did not know that's what deefragging the computer woudl do Zorikh