Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Simple Text Title Causes Preview Rendering
prevaljo [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 01, 2017 22:19 Messages: 105 Offline
[Post New]
I have been working on a short video clip for a number of weeks (on and off) with no issues. Today I decided to create a text title as the first 5 secs of the video. Simple title, one word, keyframed small to very large over 5 seconds, and "blended" with a simple JPG. This caused PD21 to "render the preview" for the whole clip. I can't find a way to stop this and It seems a major overkill.

To test a theory I created a new project, used a stock image from the media library, added a text title, keyframed from small to large, blended with the image and get the same issue, PD21 insists on preview rendering.

PD19 on the same desktop, does not force Preview Rendering for an identical clip.

PD21 appears to have an issue with titles.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 18. 2022 16:09

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You can check for the HA and preview settings on the PD19. Make the settings the same or lower in PD21 if needed and it should help as it doesn’t happen yet on my pc.
prevaljo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You can check for the HA and preview settings on the PD19. Make the settings the same or lower in PD21 if needed and it should help as it doesn’t happen yet on my pc.

Had HA set in PD21 taken it off and all is hunky dory.. Interesting.
prevaljo [Avatar]
[Post New]

Had HA set in PD21 taken it off and all is hunky dory.. Interesting.

Well I spoke too soon. Everything I now do in PD21 seems to require a "Preview Render". Apart from the delay every time you make a change to the clip it seems to be functioning OK. Even adding a stock image from the media library seems to initiate a preview render.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

Well I spoke too soon. Everything I now do in PD21 seems to require a "Preview Render". Apart from the delay every time you make a change to the clip it seems to be functioning OK. Even adding a stock image from the media library seems to initiate a preview render.

Hi,

Just covering bases, check preview settings on the timeline and in Preferences>Display are less than UHD and check if Preferences>General>Render preview ...... is NOT selected.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do