Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Font changes upon Producing Final Video?
wrswaim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 20, 2022 00:57 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
A new problem has cropped up for my podcast videos made on PD-365: As you can see in the attached pics (problem boxed in red), fonts are changed to a generic font upon producing/publishing the final video in mp4 format. This had not happened for months and suddenly does this without any change in my settings. This is seriously messing up the quality of the videos toward the audience and need a fix urgently.

Thank you !
wrswaim
[Thumb - font2.jpg]
 Filename
font2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
104 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
15 time(s)
[Thumb - font1.jpg]
 Filename
font1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
131 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
17 time(s)
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote A new problem has cropped up for my podcast videos made on PD-365: As you can see in the attached pics (problem boxed in red), fonts are changed to a generic font upon producing/publishing the final video in mp4 format. This had not happened for months and suddenly does this without any change in my settings. This is seriously messing up the quality of the videos toward the audience and need a fix urgently.

Thank you !
wrswaim

Hi,

Don't think this has been reported before so it's not a widespread problem on the forum.

More details will be necessary for members to help out.

These steps will help folk to help you :

Generate a DxDiag and post it as a text attachement file, it's too long for a copy and paste post
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/97579.page#post_box_392510

Check the exact version of PDR you are using

Does this happen with all titles or just one? My system shows 705 titles for example.
Does it happen with all fonts or just specific ones?
Can you give an example using just a sample file so that others can replicate and test?
What production settings and profile are you using?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
wrswaim [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you! Will do. You can see my attached pics right?

It occurs with that one I circled in red but also has happened with other titles I use. What's stranger is it happens to not all of them even though they are identical. I have typed in some different titles but for instance, that "like video" one is premade, i don;t mess with it. This all just started happening all of a sudden.

I attached pic of settings in general, hardware acceleration & produce. Again these were the same settings when it didn;t do it then changed suddenly a few days back. Very frustrating.

I will have to work on the other 2 things you requested for me to include.

wrswaim

Hi,

Don't think this has been reported before so it's not a widespread problem on the forum.

More details will be necessary for members to help out.

These steps will help folk to help you :

Generate a DxDiag and post it as a text attachement file, it's too long for a copy and paste post

Check the exact version of PDR you are using

Does this happen with all titles or just one? My system shows 705 titles for example.
Does it happen with all fonts or just specific ones?
Can you give an example using just a sample file so that others can replicate and test?
What production settings and profile are you using?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
[Thumb - settings Produce.jpg]
 Filename
settings Produce.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
204 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
13 time(s)
[Thumb - settings general 1.jpg]
 Filename
settings general 1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
254 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
11 time(s)
[Thumb - settings hardware.jpg]
 Filename
settings hardware.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
214 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
13 time(s)
wrswaim [Avatar]
[Post New]
The Dx Diag is attached.

Also the PDR version is also seen in an attached screenshot.

Thanks,
wrswaim

Quote Thank you! Will do. You can see my attached pics right?

It occurs with that one I circled in red but also has happened with other titles I use. What's stranger is it happens to not all of them even though they are identical. I have typed in some different titles but for instance, that "like video" one is premade, i don;t mess with it. This all just started happening all of a sudden.

I attached pic of settings in general, hardware acceleration & produce. Again these were the same settings when it didn;t do it then changed suddenly a few days back. Very frustrating.

I will have to work on the other 2 things you requested for me to include.

wrswaim

[Thumb - pdr.jpg]
 Filename
pdr.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
36 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
11 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
126 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
119 time(s)
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Thanks for this.

Please also provide the exact font your are having issues with, and a before (in the title designer and preview window) and after photos. We have the after, once produced. Then we can test on our machines to see if we experience the same issue.

You should also report this to CyberLink using the tech support link in the signature below.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
wrswaim [Avatar]
[Post New]
That;s part of the problem - it is happening randomly with various fonts. Also in the same video, the same title works fine in a couple of places then the thrid or fourth time it gets converted into a generic font. It's all random - and then other titles used in the video come out just fine. See the attached (2 before and 1 after).

Thanks,
wrswaim

Quote Hello,

Thanks for this.

Please also provide the exact font your are having issues with, and a before (in the title designer and preview window) and after photos. We have the after, once produced. Then we can test on our machines to see if we experience the same issue.

You should also report this to CyberLink using the tech support link in the signature below.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
[Thumb - before1.jpg]
 Filename
before1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
78 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
10 time(s)
[Thumb - after.jpg]
 Filename
after.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
95 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
11 time(s)
[Thumb - before2.jpg]
 Filename
before2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
83 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
11 time(s)
wrswaim [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am working with CyberLink support on the issue but stumbled on a weird solution. I repeat titles in my videos so will usually copy one of the previous ones and paste it later on the timeline and on it changing the wording. This time I dragged the title from the resource area each time and dragged it to the timeline and made any needed changes. The font consistently remained the same throughout the video after it was produced. That has been the fix for 2 videos now and they produced fine! No idea why it made any difference but it works again!

Wrswaim