Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No Option to Use Nvidia RTX 3060 to render video
prevaljo [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 01, 2017 22:19 Messages: 105 Offline
[Post New]
I have recently replaced an AMD video card with an Nvidia Geforce RTX 3060 video card in my desktop PC. I was hoping this would speed up the rendering of video. However it doesn't seem to have. In the "Produce" screen I have no option to use fast video rendering technology. All options are greyed out. Any clues.
[Thumb - Screenshot 2022-10-25 173831.jpg]
 Filename
Screenshot 2022-10-25 173831.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
37 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
31 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
94 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
168 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Although you have physically replaced your video card, PD clearly is still configured to use the (missing) AMD Coding Engine. Try running the Optimize tool from the Preferences | Hardware Acceleration menu. You may need to close PD and reopen it for the changes to appear.
prevaljo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Although you have physically replaced your video card, PD clearly is still configured to use the (missing) AMD Coding Engine. Try running the Optimize tool from the Preferences | Hardware Acceleration menu. You may need to close PD and reopen it for the changes to appear.

Thanks for this response, when I started PD21 after the card install I had the option to optimise for the new card I did. I have just done it again and it hasn't resolved the issue. I will try to remove all AMD drivers as a next step. The interesting thing about this issue is that after I installed the video card, I ran a short test to see if changing the settings to reflect the addition of the Nvidia card would make a difference to the rendering times . It did significantly, but when I came to render in anger I don't have the option to change the settings anymore. Such is software.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Although you have physically replaced your video card, PD clearly is still configured to use the (missing) AMD Coding Engine. Try running the Optimize tool from the Preferences | Hardware Acceleration menu. You may need to close PD and reopen it for the changes to appear.

I see nothing that would indicate that PD clearly is still configured to use missing AMD from the OP words or the screen snip. The greyed AMD Video Coding Engine in the pic is normal and indicates nothing specific concerning lack of "Fast video rendering technology:". Additionally, I don't believe PD is ever “configured” for either concerning encoding, it’s a user preference and selectable depending on what hardware is available and what produce profile.

prevaljo, Since you latter implied it worked initially, post a full screenshot so one can get a glimpse of what settings you are attempting to "Produce". Are you using a profile that supports hardware encoding?

Jeff
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I see nothing that would indicate that PD clearly is still configured to use missing AMD from the OP words or the screen snip.

I've never seen anything regarding an AMD GPU on my system so it certainly looked to me as if PD was aware of the presence of the AMD GPU even though the DxDiag results show that only the new RTX card is installed.

My first thought was that the producing profile wasn't suitable for HW encoding but the AMD card in the screenshot changed my approach. I'm glad to hear the the GPU optimization was prompted though!
prevaljo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Still following this up. The only thing that I may have changed since the point where it worked was a driver update. So I rolled the Nvidia driver back to the previous version, it made no difference. So I updated to the latest version. The situation was still the same.

I still have a copy of PD19 on my desktop. I haven't used it since I upgraded to PD21. Started it, it wanted to optimise for the new video card/drivers which I did. Tried producing a video clip had all the correct options for "fast video rendering technology". Two versions of PD,19 and 21 identical sample video clip, two different outcomes.
[Thumb - Screenshot PD21.jpg]
 Filename
Screenshot PD21.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
139 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
17 time(s)
[Thumb - Screenshot PD19-1.jpg]
 Filename
Screenshot PD19-1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
143 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
16 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
If it's affecting all NVENC permissible profiles vs just the one you show, since you now have GPU drivers updated, I'd probably uninstall PD21, reboot, and reinstall and see if that takes you in the right direction.

Jeff
AB13 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 26, 2022 14:49 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have posted the same issue with GTX1650Ti laptop. Nvidia does not let you change 3D perfomance settings for Cyberlink Products but other softwares can. I have attached 2 screenshots of Nvidia 3D control panel with 2 different software one with PD365 and One with filmora. The PD365 clearly can not utilise gpu leading to render time of 1.40 Hours for 3 mins 4K clip where as Filmora hardly takes 5-10 minutes to render for same clip. I just hope a solution will come soon. I like PD365 but whats the use of a gun with no trigger !
[Thumb - CS002569761-1667946885146-Filmora - Nvidia no issue.png]
 Filename
CS002569761-1667946885146-Filmora - Nvidia no issue.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
105 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
9 time(s)
[Thumb - CS002569761-1667946886771-PD 365 - Nvidia issue.png]
 Filename
CS002569761-1667946886771-PD 365 - Nvidia issue.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
111 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
11 time(s)
optodata
[Post New]
PD doesn't use any 3D settings so that tool won't make any difference. I have a Surface Book 3 with both an Intel and nVidia GPU. PD365 is able to use both at the same time for different tasks, and I can chose either GPU for producing.

Maybe take look at this discussion for more info. You can also search the forum for 1650 and find other similar posts