Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do i upload in 1080p?
nick [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 25, 2010 11:49 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hey i just bought a kodak Zi8. And it allows me to upload in 1080p..

I found a video on youtube showing what to do and it worked.

But when i uploaded it on youtube. it seemed like the sound was out.. Or the video was going faster and ended in 5 seconds when the original video is 9 seconds long?

Thanks

Nick
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
1080p is NOT uploaded through PD8 using any of the default templates/method.

In PD8 your video is converted to a wmv format and then uploaded to YouTube. You may chose to do this manually instead and select and create your own rendered file using a wmv template. http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/218/creating-wmv-templates/

Alternatively a different format which is accepted by YouTube can be uploaded through your YouTube account.

YouTube templates in PD8 are upto 720p (1280x720).

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Mar 31. 2010 06:56

nick [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the link it did help. But it only shows it in 720p? I know you cannot upload to youtube straight from PD8 in 1080p just wondering which is the best way to render it?

Thanks

Nick
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
Nick,

I'm interested in your results of this and the quality of the Zi8 in general. I currently have a Canon HG20 and while it takes fantastic video, I'm looking for something smaller for short trips. What is the quality like on your camera. If you post something on youtube please provide the link. It's OK if its in 720p format. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
nick [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hey james the quality is not that good. I perfure the Flip Ultra HD. Im going to get The sony TX-7 when i get the amount of subscirbers i want.. little way to go yet. If you want to see the quality of the Flip My channel is

CHILTASTIC

Thanks

Chil