Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Request for dual output in Powerdvd 10 3D
James [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 09, 2010 04:31 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I would like to request that you add dual output to the available 3D modes in Powerdvd 10. There is a substantial user base for dual output 3D that would greatly appreciate this addition as well as increase the appeal of Powerdvd!

Dual output/dual head is used by:

* IZ3D monitors that are very popular among 3D gamers, uses a form of dual output

* Head mounted displays

* Dual projectors with polarized filters and lightweight glasses for the highest quality, most immersive big screen experience.

IMO dual output also offers the highest quality 3D experience. For me this will be a deciding factor on whether I purchase Powerdvd 10 Ultra. Adding both dual display output and IZ3D support will fulfill the needs of many consumers, attract more people to this product, and hey...Cyberlink makes more money! Win Win

If you are a user of dual output, show your support below!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 27. 2010 16:37

James [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 20, 2010 21:06 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
IZ3D Here. WTB a polished solution with a 2D to 3D converter
Fred_Ftang42 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 16, 2006 07:00 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Yes!

Please DO include this option.

I am a iZ3D user myself (in the UK). I woud hate to think I forked out all that cash to get the hardware, only to find that there wasn't support for it in my favourite DVD/Blu-ray software.

Vincent Oberheim Eggs is eggs. An oeuf is an oeuf. An ei for an ei.
Guig Esprit du Sage [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2010 20:11 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
+1
And add planar support, please.
Planar are dual panel displays where one display is view throught a mirror:
They are easy to made ourself.
Bruno [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 01, 2010 18:25 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
i myself use a horizontal planar as well and would enjoy being able to use the cyberlink truetheatre 2d to 3d technology
Fred_Ftang42 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 16, 2006 07:00 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Let's keep this thread alive.
We have to make enough noise to let Cyberlink know what folk want.

Dual output would seem to be a no-brainer for the next patch, but if this forum has taught me anything it is that you have to shout VERY loud to make the company listen.

Vincent Eggs is eggs. An oeuf is an oeuf. An ei for an ei.
ImmortalJman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 26, 2010 12:54 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Yeah, I'm really hoping they hear the request basis and build it in. I've already sent in a request for this feature and they basically said that they don't plan on doing it. But hey, hopefully, as Blu-Ray 3D gets more widespread it will be more likely that they decide to do this.
Rustin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 11, 2011 11:38 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I was on the brink of buying PowerDVD 10 Ultra until I found out that it has no support for dual projector display systems. I've got 4 kids and we like to watch 3d as a family and with guests. Only passive polarized systems are practical in that context. As of today, I don't intend to upgrade until Cyberlink adds this feature, there would be minimal benefit for me. I've got stereoscopic player plus other options that I can make and find.

I like PowerDVD's integration with windows media center and it would have been cool to watch 3D films within that context but I guess I'll just have to continue to leave WMC and PowerDVD to do 3D.

Personally, I think that cyberlink has a stronger relationship with 3D monitor/glasses manufacturers than with it's users. All that hardware bundling in the past may have shifted their loyalties. I'd really would like to be wrong here, but I think Cyberlink's decision not to do dual projector output is a concession to the 3D hardware manufacturers and movie companies at the expense of its users. It is kind of a natural trend, a company makes a great software product that people love and they buy it making it very popular. The big corporate manufacturers take notice and work with them to create bundles to really increase sales of the software making them lots of money, but they pay the devil by doing his bidding and not including features that he doesn't want the public to have. The net result is that the customers don't get the features they want right away because they have lost another source. Eventually another source pops up as some talented programmer creates a different product that does the public's bidding and the cycle starts all over again. Cyberlink may have sold out, which means it may be time to be looking elsewhere. Boy I want to be wrong on this.