Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Subtitle default
TOM [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 25, 2010 17:35 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Can the default be reset for showing subtitles? When I play a DVD in PowerDVD 10, it shows the text being spoken unless I manually turn it off each time.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tom,

can you let me know:

- OS language
- PDVD language setting
- DVD titles language

thanks and Br
michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
jester_uk [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 14, 2009 10:40 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
yeah it does the same for me everytime i play a dvd i have to keep selecting where it says dvd and then subtitles and then off.
pain in the backside having to keep turning subtitles off EVERYTIME i want to watch a dvd
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: yeah it does the same for me everytime i play a dvd i have to keep selecting where it says dvd and then subtitles and then off.
pain in the backside having to keep turning subtitles off EVERYTIME i want to watch a dvd

Please provide some environment information - my system does not show this issue....

Br
michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
dave12345 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 19, 2011 11:12 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Did the subtitle default setting issue ever get resolved? Having same problem here. Have to disable subtitles every time a new movie is played.

Using XP PRO, powerdvd ultra 10, trial version, amd dual core, favorite color is blue, anything else you need?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 19. 2011 11:48

[Post New]
Hi,

this is not a known issue because not reproducible and the users who face this behavior did not provide enough info.

please post more inf as described in this thread:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

please also let me know which Region the Disc is and which language the Disc uses. As well as the default OS language setting and the PowerDVD language setting

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
mwpollard1971 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 31, 2011 04:56 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having the same problem. Every DVD I put in (or if I play the ones I've backed up on an external), the subtitles display by default. It's quite annoying to have to turn them off each time.

I'm using PDVD 10 Mark II 3D...English is the default for everything...Windows 7 Home Premium.

HELP!!!!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 31. 2011 05:02

[Post New]
Hi,
please provide more info:

- OS language
- OS region Setting
- PDVD Setting for Subtitles
- which titles (which language do they support)

BR

Werde Facebook Fan
mwpollard1971 [Avatar]
[Post New]
OS language...English
OS region...1
PDVD setting/subtitles...English
supports various languages
[Post New]
do the titles support english?

Br
Michae Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
mwpollard1971 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes they do.
[Post New]
Hi,
I can not reproduce your issue here - can you kindly check the settings.
Please also check if you use latest PDVD 10 v2701

Br
Michael

[Thumb - Unbenannt.jpg]
 Filename
Unbenannt.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Subtitle setting
 Filesize
59 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1410 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 05. 2011 06:03

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
vikingrinn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 23, 2011 01:52 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Michael,

Q: What's missing in that picture?

A: Disable subtitles option.

The subtitles have to be disabled manually each and every single time a movie is played back from an .mkv file, and it is quite frustratingly annoying for those customers of CyberLink who are shifting their movie collection from the physical into digital format...
STJ123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 03, 2011 10:05 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
An easy workaround is setting the default subtitle to a language that is not used/available. I will be turned off when you play the movie.

And yes it is a digital format issue... VOBs, MKVs, ect

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Dec 03. 2011 10:15

[Post New]
Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions, I will forward the feedback to our product planning team for internal discussion

br

Werde Facebook Fan