Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
1080P File Output
Bannon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 21, 2009 20:07 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Is it possible to output 1080p H.264 or MPEG-2 files with PD8? If so, how?
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I believe, in both cases, you have to create a custom profile. Open a 1080i profile and edit it. Use the 'Create a New Profile' button. Click on the 'Video' tab and change the 'Frame type' to 'Progressive'. Save under a new name. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Bannon [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply Jamie. That option is present for MPEG-2 but unfortunately not for H.264. I believe I sacrifice Hardware Video Encoding with MPEG-2 because I have an nVidia graphics card. Tough choice!
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Interesting. I didn't realize that, but I rarely use AVCHD. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Jaime is quite correct, you can create your own custom profile and that includes making your own 1080p

It isn't difficult. Here's one I put together just to show about 2 minutes ago - playing with Custom profiles. Note the GOP Pattern, it may not suit your requirements. Please construct your own.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
 Filename
Test-1080p.txt
[Disk]
 Description
1080p
 Filesize
2 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
396 time(s)
[Thumb - sdukpd8-454.png]
 Filename
sdukpd8-454.png
[Disk]
 Description
Audio
 Filesize
26 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
580 time(s)
[Thumb - sdukpd8-453.png]
 Filename
sdukpd8-453.png
[Disk]
 Description
3GP/mp4 GOP Video
 Filesize
77 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
608 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 25. 2010 15:14

Bannon [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the additional suggestion. Does the manual explain what the GOP Pattern is and suggest patterns? Does the GOP Pattern determine whether the output is interlaced or progressive?
[Post New]
hello Bannon, no you can not use the GOP Pattern to change from interlaced to progressive...

the Result is an wrong p format with interlaced material...you see this problem (titler, transition)...

greetings from vienna http://vimeo.com/user815717
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,

Any chance of showing us how to produce a "progressive" profile? I tried to alter my dialogue box to match yours and I could not, am I missing something?

Cheers

Robert S

EDIT====> Don't worry I worked it out I had to input the 29 to get it to change.

DOUBLE EDIT=====> No it doesn't work for me even after matching Dafydd's setting exactly. MediaInfo shows my videos as Interlaced. This follows my information from Cyberlink last year that PD does not produce progressive 1080 video.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 27. 2010 22:48

My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn