Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
avchd : impossible !
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,
Do everything as before but this time select 1440x1080 as the resolution of your AVCHD disc. The reason is that your footage has been shot in that resolution.
This should allow SVRT to work and put less stress on your system.
Cheers,
Andrew
Frédéric
Take note of what Andrew has written. You appear to be causing your own issues here. Read and act upon members sensible input.
Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 27. 2010 14:35

James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
Andrew or Jeff,

Do you think that SVRT is working worse with 2704 compared to 2508 (specifically for Canon AVCDH)? With 2508 my major problem was the audio issue with transitions. I have not had a chance to do much with 2704 yet? Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
Andrew - Wales, UK
Contributor Location: Wales, UK Joined: Jan 27, 2009 19:16 Messages: 545 Offline
[Post New]
Hi James,

I've noticed my projects burn to folders quicker. I recently completed a 2 hour 15 minute project for blu-ray, using SVRT with 1920x1080 (24 mbps) and h.264. It had about 50 chapters and a fairly extensive menu as a result. It burnt to folders in about 45 mins compared to about an hour before. There were few transitions etc but a definate improvement in performance. Picture quality was excellent as before.

The SVRT box still needs to be ticked in preferences to ensure only transitions and other video enhancements are re-encoded instead of entire clips following them!

There are other irregularities that existed before. One that sticks out is if you have say a 24mbps and a 17mbps clip sitting next to eachother on the timeline. If you render using a 24mbps profile matching the resolution the 17mbps isn't re-encoded to a higher bitrate when using SVRT. PD8 treats it as a 24mbps file and leaves it as is. I actually prefer this but it obviously isn't doing what it should be. This happens with a 24mbps Canon file and a Sony 16mbps file too!

However, if you render without using a 24mbps profile the 24mbps is re-encoded to a lower bitrate and the 16/17 Mbps is left so that rendering process does work as it should!!

Cheers,

Andrew Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB

Sony HDR-PJ810 and HDR-PJ530
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
It's better if it does not render a 17 Mb/s file up to 24 Mb/s when using mixed footage. How can PD magically create extra 1's and 0's that were not there to begin with? However, I would fully expect PD to render 24Mb/s down to 17 Mb/s if it was set to do so 17 Mb/s. In this case it is doing exactly as asked. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
Andrew - Wales, UK
Contributor Location: Wales, UK Joined: Jan 27, 2009 19:16 Messages: 545 Offline
[Post New]
Couldn't agree more! You can force it to increase the bitrate by taking the clip on it's own and using the 24mbps profile without SVRT. I can't imagine why I'd ever want to do that though!

I made a blu-ray of mixed 24/16 Mbps 1920x1080 Canon and Sony footage recently. The authoring process proceeded quickly and the finished BD showed the footage from both cameras in their best light so I'm happy!!

Cheers,

Andrew Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB

Frédéric [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 23, 2010 15:34 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Do everything as before but this time select 1440x1080 as the resolution of your AVCHD disc. The reason is that your footage has been shot in that resolution.
This should allow SVRT to work and put less stress on your system.
Cheers,
Andrew

Frédéric
Take note of what Andrew has written. You appear to be causing your own issues here. Read and act upon members sensible input.
Dafydd
[Moderator]

I took not of what Andrew wrote but as I said, that did not work and this is not the right reason since my footage has been shot in 1920x1080

Moreover I burned a DVD to a folder successfully when I keep all clips only. I expect a problem will occur when I will include hi-res pictures (3000x4000) with some effects on it. Probably a memory issue...

I don't think to be causing my own issue here, I use PD in a normal way. I just don't understand its behavior.
Andrew - Wales, UK
[Post New]
Hi,

My advice to produce using the 1440x1080 resolution came from this http://www.canon.co.uk/For_Home/Product_Finder/Camcorders/High_Definition_HD/LEGRIA_HF_S11/index.asp?specs=1
which states that XP+ mode shoots at 1440x1080. This was the mode you stated in your original post.

Cheers,

Frédéric [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 23, 2010 15:34 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Apologize
You quiete right (my cam is a HF11 not Legria but almost the same spec)
I made a confusion with the capture image size !

Well, I tested AVCHD in 1440 with a part of my entire project (around 30mn instead of 1h40), keeping trans, audio, chapters, titles. I reach between 3000 and 5000 Mb of space required
I remove unused clips in library, delete temporary files before burning.
At around 80% of the burning process (still to a folder) the message "burning successfully" appears. I use VLC program to check AVCHD stream and in all cases I notice "obviously" that rendering is not complete..

I hope give enough accurate information to go further, as I still suspect a memory limitation.. and I'm ready to add more DDRAM if it's required..

Cheers
Fred