Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Crashing software while producing movie
popstar [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 23, 2010 09:49 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Purchased PowerDirector 7 a year ago, and only started using it now. Made few movies and all seemed a breeze. Yet , I got a problem with it now. After conjuring up and editing video ... when trying to produce a movie, software starts to proccess and then stops at 31%

Tried to change formats etc ... nothing helps, seems there is something fundamental issue with it.

Please help finding the solution to it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 23. 2010 15:46

McLean1 [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jul 30, 2006 23:00 Messages: 336 Offline
[Post New]
The first suggestion you are going to hear from everyone will probably be to install and uninstall. My temptation would be to see if you have any of your projects that processed properly and to open one of those and see if it will work. If it does work, then I would say that it isn't the program, it is something in the file that you are working on.

It might be a faster way of checking, if you happen to have one of your old working files on hand.

Otherwise, the next suggestion is to uninstall and reinstall and see if that fixes the issue.
Pekka [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 21, 2008 15:05 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Got similar issue. Have been working with & Ultra for about 18 months and I'm happy with it but I made the update (latest for the Ultra - of which I wasn't 100% if I had already) and now it's resisting to produce Full HD Quality video - crashes every time at 99% ready... Does all the other versions okay. Tried to restore computer to earlier time but that didn't work either.

How is that weird and sick at the same time..??![b] Any tips?
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Pekka and Popstar,

You might check to see that you are using the latest build for Power Director. The updates can be of help if you are experiencing problems. No promises....but worth checking out and worth having it installed.

Latest build and probably the last for Power Director 7 is Build 3017.
Latest build for Power Director 8 is Build 2704.

Here is the link to the updates:
http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html

To confirm which build you have....Click on the Director Chair Icon when PD is open, then select HELP....then select ABOUT POWER DIRECTOR. You should see something like....well mine says... Power Director Ultra 8.00.2704

Good Luck!

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
McLean1 [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jul 30, 2006 23:00 Messages: 336 Offline
[Post New]
I have found that a system restore usually corrupts PD and it won't work. If you have the older version still, without the update. I would uninstall and reinstall as per the instructions below. When you install, install the version of PD that worked, see if that gets rid of your issue.

Uninstall and reinstall of PowerDirector Try the following way to re-install PowerDirector:
a.) Start--> Programs -->Cyberlink PowerDirector --> Uninstall PowerDirector

b.) Start --> Run --> type "regedit" --> click "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" --> click "Software" --> locate "Cyberlink" ----> click the "+" (if you have more than one CyberLink product) -->Delete the "PowerDirector" folder

c.) Start --> Run --> type "regedit"--> click "Hkey_Current_user" --> click "Software" --> locate "Cyberlink" ----> click the "+" (if you have more than one CyberLink product) -->Delete "PowerDirector" folder.

d.) Delete C:\Programs Files\Cyberlink\PowerDirector And reboot your PC. After this, please install your PowerDirector
Pekka [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 21, 2008 15:05 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Will check and return with the result - now cool with the HD normal as this project must go...

Thx both with your assist and advice
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Glad to help!
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.