Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blu-ray play back
HAROLD [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 22, 2010 09:21 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I purchsed the power dvd 10 deluxe version yesterday and I can't get my BD movies to play. Is the only compatible version the ultra? I am trying to get a refund if so and they make it impossible to contact them.
Stock [Avatar]
Member Location: UK Joined: Jul 08, 2006 11:43 Messages: 79 Offline
[Post New]
Yes Ultra is the only version that will play Blu ray, I suggest you look at the purchase FAQ on the support tab at the top of the page on how to request a refund.
HAROLD [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 22, 2010 09:21 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you! :
FRANK [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 27, 2010 02:21 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
You might want to check again. All verions of Power DVD 10 should play Blu-Ray discs. Quite often when a Blu ray disc will not play it's because the firmware of the player (i.e. driver) needs to be updated.
Stock [Avatar]
Member Location: UK Joined: Jul 08, 2006 11:43 Messages: 79 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry Frank only Ultra will play Blu ray, click for here for version comparison

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 27. 2010 05:30

FRANK [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 27, 2010 02:21 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
OK - What threw me off was that I was using Power DVD 8 DX (Dell installed software) and Blu Rays used to play just fine. Thanks.
RALPH [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 01, 2010 13:35 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have had MAJOR problems with my Dell XPS 1530's blu-ray player. I upgraded my windows Vista to Windows 7 and then my blu-rays would not play.

Dell's answer? The standard reformat the operating system. I took my laptop to Best Buy and it turned out that it was a video card driver that needed to be updated to Windows 7 version.

As a result, my Power DVD player worked fine....for 24 hours. It plays now, but it skips every second.

Sooooo...to answer your question, if you are having the same type problem that I had, you need to do to Dell drivers and downloads and upgrade your video driver.

DO NOT pay the 29.95 premium phone support to speak to India...it is a total waste of money and your time.

I hope this helps you
RALPH [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 01, 2010 13:35 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
But...to add to my response post...I was on the phone for 90 minutes and go absolutely nowhere with the person. Soooo, to me, the premium phone service was a waste of money. They had no idea what they were doing. With that said...

I must add that I bought the Power DVD version 10 Ultra (for blu-ray and 3-D, etc) and I loooove it! I love the quality and I love the features. To me, it was a great buy.

I just had to add that little bit

Ralph
Kapyong555 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2011 01:55 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Customers should be aware that Cyberlink's products are very buggy - many customers report all sorts of problems with PowerDVD.

One thorny issue is the misleading advertising - it is very UNCLEAR which version is required to play Blu-Rays - numerous people get stuck on that, but it appears Cyblerlink likes it that way. The comparison charts are NOT clear, they seem designed to confuse.

Be wary of this product, and this company.