Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
URGENT!!: Another video below Master Video line
NIKI [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 21, 2009 17:47 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Hey all
First of all - I need help right now cause my project has to be done today!

I have a video with an interview of a cardesigner.
When he speaks, I want some other clips to be shown while his voice is still playing from the master video on the Master Track.

Ive cutted the clips into peaces, and splitted the audio from the mastertrack so the video is on top and the sound from it is some lines below.

When I cut off some stuff from the master video, to put in some clips instead and it returns to show the mastervideo, the voice is not synced right to the master video, because Ive cutted more off than my clip is long.

Is there any way that I can add a new master-video track or a "secondary-videotrack" so I can add my clips to this track, and when the curser hits those clips, they are shown instead of the mastervideo and when they are finished, the mastertrack is shown again?
This would save me a lot of time instead of having to calculate how much I have to cut off the mastervideo for adding the other clip in that space and so on..

Hope you can help me!

Thanks
Niki
TheShadowman
Member Location: St Albans, Herts, United Kingdom Joined: Dec 31, 2009 12:05 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Niki

If I have understood you correctly. Put your secondary clips in a PIP track. You can then stretch it via it's handles in the preview screen so that it takes up the whole screen. In other words it covers the main video track.

If you have PD8 you can open extra PIP tracks by clicking on the "Two snowflakes and a + sign" above the time line.

When you place your secondary clips in the PIP track just put them in the position where you want them to play. If you do this correctly there should not be any audio sync problems.

I hope this helps

Robert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 20. 2010 14:05

NIKI [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hey Robert
Thank you so much!
That was what I needed!

I thought ive allready tryed it and it did not work, but now - it works.. Weird.. But finally I can start to work on my project!

:

Again, thank you a lot!

Best regards
Niki

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 20. 2010 14:34

TheShadowman
Member Location: St Albans, Herts, United Kingdom Joined: Dec 31, 2009 12:05 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
That's great Niki

It's so nice to have some feedback, an awful lot of people dont bother so we dont know if we have helped or not.

You are always welcome to ask questions and if we can help you we will.

Regards

Robert
NIKI [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes I know that - but im allways answering when fixed or not. :

I got some other problems now.
When playing the movie in PD8, the sound follows the video (sync = ok).
When I have produced the video, the sound is okay at the start of the movie, but when the first clip comes and it returns to the Master Video, the picture starts to go faster than the sound so the sync in the end is very bad.

How to fix this?

And I allso have another problem.
Because when I add the clips to the movie, and I play the movie, the movie laggs a bit everytime it shows one of the clips like it has to load it or something..

Any idea??
NIKI [Avatar]
[Post New]
Try to have a look at the movie, and then you can see:
http://www.pro-street.dk/PUBLIC/Mazda2.avi

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 20. 2010 16:07

NIKI [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here is some pictures of my setup when producing and editing.. Maybe I do something wrong ??

www.pro-street.dk/PUBLIC/1.jpg
www.pro-street.dk/PUBLIC/2.jpg

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 20. 2010 16:07

NIKI [Avatar]
[Post New]
Okay, I guess ive found the problem..
Ive done all completely wrong..

For some reason, I thought that I had to convert the clips from .mts to another format.
After that, importing them to the PD8.
After that, saving it as what I wanted (which requie a lot of redering)
That results in that because of all that rendering, then sound dont follow the picture.

Ive just read on a danish forum (im from Denmark), that the settings has to be the same as the clip. Otherwise a lot of rendering has to happen in the Produce period.

I try to create the same movie now, without the converted clips. Which me luck!
TheShadowman
[Post New]
I wish you luck, Niki

You know where we are if you need help

Robert
NIKI [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Robert
Thank you so much for being so gentle!

I really like this forum!

For some months ago, I did a carreview video.
I couldnt understand why the quality was so bad after the produce, and it was laggin while changing scenes.
After reading that forum today, I have learned a lot. Now I know why, and my quality is more than perfect.
SeptimusFry
Senior Member Location: Brittany, France Joined: Feb 02, 2008 12:43 Messages: 243 Offline
[Post New]
Niki,

I downloaded your video - can't make any comments on synch between voice and video - all double-Dutch to me

740MB took 12 mins to download, what is your target audience? i7 980x; W7 Pro; 12GB; Nvidia GTX 285; 2x300G Velociraptors in Raid 0; 2x1.5TB Barracuda in Raid 1; 2TB WD Studio Ed.II (eSATA); NEC SpectraView Reference 2690 + MultiSync EA232
TheShadowman
[Post New]
Niki

Glad you like the forum and the friendly input you get. Just to let you know that most of us "regulars" are here too.

http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/forums/show/28.page

Good luck with your videos

Robert