Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
NEW PD8 release (build 2704) is out today
Alextzi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 11, 2009 15:17 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
go to
http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html

The info has issues related to newer CUDA cards and INTEL G45 graphic chipset compatibilities are fixed.

Alex
SeptimusFry
Senior Member Location: Brittany, France Joined: Feb 02, 2008 12:43 Messages: 243 Offline
[Post New]
I have just applied this patch and my About shows that I am indeed 2704, but my Ultra has dropped down to Deluxe.

Any ideas of what I need to do now ? I hope it does not mean a remove, reinstall

denbigh i7 980x; W7 Pro; 12GB; Nvidia GTX 285; 2x300G Velociraptors in Raid 0; 2x1.5TB Barracuda in Raid 1; 2TB WD Studio Ed.II (eSATA); NEC SpectraView Reference 2690 + MultiSync EA232
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
For you... uninstall.... etc etc

I have answered your PM.

Dafydd
just_for_fun [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 23, 2010 11:41 Messages: 111 Offline
[Post New]
The release notes only show 3 fixes. Did the SVRT get fixed for panasonic cameras? Is there more than 3 things fixed, hardly worth updating for 3 items that I dont have problems with.
Just For Fun
i7 Core@3.8ghz 6gig mem 3 HDD geForce8400
Canon HF S20
Alextzi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 11, 2009 15:17 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
well, the last build was 2508, thats nearly 200 revisions/builds. In my experience with new patches/resleases, is there are a lot of bug fixes that get done but are not listed (usability etc.).

so I would not regard the list that you see as the only bugs that are fixed.

Alex

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 19. 2010 15:35

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have just applied this patch and my About shows that I am indeed 2704, but my Ultra has dropped down to Deluxe.

Any ideas of what I need to do now ? I hope it does not mean a remove, reinstall

denbigh

I had this problem with an earlier version and ended up doing a full install to fix it.

I have had some stability issues since the upgrade, but I suspect it is in my system rather than PD. I worked on several videos last night with no trouble at all. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
I would install the upgrade, but do not delete the previous patch file until you are certain that the new patch works properly. As a general rule I always keep the previous patch download as well as the new patch on my computer in case I have to go back. With PD 7, there was a major reason to do so a little over a year ago. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
[Post New]
greeting from vienna..

i have an other problem

i install the new version no problem but when i render a projekt the prozess ends with an error.

the messagebox say no available system memory

http://vimeo.com/user815717
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
You are going to have to post more details. What kind of camera are you using? What is the video format of the camera? What kind of file are you trying to produce? What kind of computer are you using and it's specifications?

You also may want to do a search on the forum and if you do not find anything start a new thread. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
[Post New]
hello James..

i use a Sanyo HD2000 a Samsung NV24HD and a JVC HD3

The Fileformats are h264AVC Mp4 an Mpg2HD.

my Hardware

1x DC2 Desktop with NV 250 GTS Amp 1 GigRam Vista32
1x Laptop DC2 with ATI Radeon XT 2600HD Vista32
1x Laptop i7 NV 320TG 1Gig Ram Win7

i have this Problem in all Formats http://vimeo.com/user815717