Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Need help ASAP
ultrasp97 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 04, 2010 23:08 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I am working on a project for work this weekend and it must be done for Monday, so any help would be MUCH appreciated. I recently purchased Media Suite 8 Ultra. I am trying to create a video using PoerDirector and there are several features I click on and it tells me I must upgrade my software to Ver 8. When I look at my software it shows I have PowerDirector HE ver 8.99.2330. One of the features that I have tried that I can't use are additional PIP's.

I thought when I purchased the Ultra Version I had the most current version of all the products.

If ANYONE can help I would be very happy. If someone my have a couple minutes to talk on the phone, I would call or PM my phone number.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks in advance.

Steve
TheShadowman
Member Location: St Albans, Herts, United Kingdom Joined: Dec 31, 2009 12:05 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Stephen

To the top left of your timeline is there a little button with two stars and a + sign. If so click on it to find extra tracks.

PD8 ultra has 9 PIP tracks, but I dont know what version comes with media suite. The current build version is 2508. It does sound like yours is way behind. PD7 only had one PIP track, so your HE version sounds a bit like that.

I hope you can find that button for the extra tracks

Regards

Robert
ultrasp97 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the quick response.

If you have PowerDirector when you click on help and then "About CyberLink PowerDirector" what does it say?

Mine says PowerDirector HE ver 8.00.2330

The PIP button you are reffering to is grayed out.

Please help.

Thanks AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I have Media Suite 8 and that contains a version of PowerDirector 8 BUT it is NOT the Deluxe or Ultra version.

Please check out the versions available: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/9621.page#43679

You'll need to upgrade to the full version if you want all the feature we editors use.

Please be aware you have some cracking tools with MS8 and the version of PD8 you do have does allow you to produce some excellent video.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Stephen,

You'll see in the link I've given the differences you are noticing including PiP track which you only have one of.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
TheShadowman
Member Location: St Albans, Herts, United Kingdom Joined: Dec 31, 2009 12:05 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Stephen

I have Power Director 8 Ultra. My build number is 8.00 2508

Robert
ultrasp97 [Avatar]
[Post New]
First of all thank you VERY much for the explanation. I downloaded the Ultra version and I am on my way SLOWLY!

Does PD8 Ultra have some free music I can add for backround?

I went to Magic Music but I can't find anything free?

Thanks in advance
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Stephen,

Did you uninstall PowerDirector 8HE before you installed PowerDirector 8 Ultra?
Magic Music in Ultra includes about 26 SmartSound tracks, additional tracks need to be purchased.

Did you download the Contents Pack (449mb) as well as the PDR8 Program as PDR8 is supplied in 2 parts

Robert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 13. 2010 20:39

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
ultrasp97 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Robert,

Yes to both of your questions. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

When I goto to Magic Music I gave four steps. The first is Select Style - I have about 20 different styles in the drop down. The second step is Select song - There is rough;y 15 to 30 songs depending on the style slected in step one.

Step three is duration.

Step four is Select a variation and apply to timeline - When I click on a song in step two it appears in step four box but I can't drag it into the time line. I think I am just doing something wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Stephen,

In Smartsound you can only drag song variations to the timeline if you own them. In Power Director, the ones you own, are in BOLD PRINT in the "Select Song" list. The others that are shown are available to purchase if you like them.

You have to look real close to see the bold print, but as an example....if you select as a STYLE..Classical as your choice....you will see FOUR choices in bold...the first four...Bach Guitar, Mozart Night, Piano Sonata, and Queen of Sheba. The rest of them can't be dragged or placed in the timeline.

I hope this explains it a bit.

I have included a screen shot to show you better

Kevin
[Thumb - Smart sound.JPG]
 Filename
Smart sound.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
67 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
166 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 13. 2010 22:44

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
ultrasp97 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Kevin,

Thanks for the response. I just checked my Classical and it looks different. I have attached a screenshot.

I did find Bach Guitar and I still cant add it to my video.

I moved from Adobe Elements Manager and I am wondering if I made a mistake.

If I can't get this to work, is there some were I can download some backround music. I am just trying to spice up a work video a little.

Thanks Again.

[Thumb - PD8 Screen Shot.png]
 Filename
PD8 Screen Shot.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
60 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
166 time(s)
TheShadowman
[Post New]
Hi Stephen

You know you can put any CD track into PD8. Just burn it to WMP and it will be placed in "MyMusic" folder - Browse and drag

Robert S
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
Here's a good site for music.

http://freeplaymusic.com/ Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Stephen,

Did you follow what RobertJ/Oz asked?

Did you uninstall PowerDirector 8HE before you installed PowerDirector 8 Ultra?
Magic Music in Ultra includes about 26 SmartSound tracks, additional tracks need to be purchased.

Did you download the Contents Pack (449mb) as well as the PDR8 Program as PDR8 is supplied in 2 parts

Your Smart Sound music selection should be identical to mine, but you have to install the "Content pack", in order to be able to use the music.

Also James gave you an EXCELLENT place to download music, the Freeplay site, I use it all the time and it has a great selection of music.

As far as your comment on making a mistake...The people in the forum will help you get through the "growing" pains of getting the software installed correctly and helping you understand how the program operates(if you have questions). That is worth its weight in GOLD!

I hope you are making progress!

Kevin
ultrasp97 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I wanted to thank everyone for there help. I have been fairly successful in completing my project this weekend.

I am looking forward to learning from everyone here and creating some nice projects.

Again... THANK YOU!!!
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Stephen,

Glad you managed to complete your project, but have you got SmartSound working yet.
The screenshot you provided indicates that you have no SmartSound tracks available to you, whereas you should have 26 tracks included.
There are a few posts also about SmartSound, do a search and read them.
The resident SmartSound Guru is Barry, you could try contacting him for advice. Should point out however, that since he purchased his new wiz bang computer, he also is unable to use SmartSound.

Robert
Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
ultrasp97 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have not been able to get it to work. Fortunately the site that was given in one of the post above worked so I could move forward.

When I have sometime I will try and figure it out.

Thanks again!

Steve
ultrasp97 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just wanted to share this with the hopes it might help someone. I spoke to CyberLink Tech Support last night regarding my Free SmartSound music not showing up.

The agent indicated that since I purchased the Media Suite product and then upgraded to PD Ultra that I don't have the FULL version.

He sent me an email with two files to download. One for the full version of PD 8 Ultra and one for the Content pack. He was sure that this would fix my problem.

Because I am in the middle of a project I am hesitant to try it right now.

I just wonder if there are any other features that I am missing with the partial version. The Tech Support agent couldn't answer that questions.

Thanks again!

Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for shariing what Tech support had offered as a solution. As far as I know, without the Content pack you are missing most if not all of the music, lots of titles and PIP objects. I can't think of anything else....but sort of a non issue really because you will download the files and have everything available.

As Long as you save your project into a dedicated folder you shouldn't have any trouble installing the software with the Content pack and then reopening your project.

Famous last words.... I personally have uninstalled and reinstalled many times without a single hitch...."Yet more famous last words are flung from my mouth!!!"

Good Luck and we will be here to help the best we can if something should go amis.

Kevin