Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can I install PD8 and PD7 on the same computer
MikeB [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Southern California Joined: May 17, 2009 23:05 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
I have PD7 running on my computer right now. I am having problems with it locking up several times an hour. (Not Responding when Task Manager is launched).
I decided to purchase PD8 Ultra to see if it solves my problem and I liked the extra features.
My question is can I install PD8 and have both versions running on the same computer or is PD8 going to upgrade my PD7?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Installing PD8 will remove PD7. If you have a dual boot system then you can get around this.

Jeff
MikeB [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Southern California Joined: May 17, 2009 23:05 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Jeff,
Thank you for the prompt reply.
I hope I don't have the same problems with PD8!

Mike
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
If the upgrade doesn't help then post more details and maybe someone on here can help narrow down the possibilities. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM