Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD with Windows Media Center
ALEX [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 20, 2009 03:33 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

I use PowerDVD 9 PlugIn with MediaCenter. Now, I would appreciate if MediaCenter would autostart PowerDVD as soon as a DVD has been inserted into the drive. But I can tweak any settings / registry etc. there seem to be only two imperfect solutions:
- either MediaCenter autostarts the DVD but NOT with PowerDVD
- or MediaCenter shows a Menu to select the DVD player (MediaCenter or PowerDVD) but does not automatically start to play.

I am quite sure there must be a solution to this behaviour.

Regards

Alex

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 11. 2010 04:30

ALEX [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 20, 2009 03:33 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi again

either my question was too simple or that difficult that not even CyberLink has a solution. I know that I am not the only one having that problem.

What I am trying at the moment is to write my own addIn that detects the insertion of a DVD and starts PowerDVD within MediaCenter automatically. I would appreciate to get that functionality from Cyberlink, e.g. with the option to show the selection menu for a couple of seconds before starting the pre-selected default player.

Alex
Don [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 08, 2009 23:09 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Did you ever figure this out?