Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio problem with "Right to Disc"
ultrasp97 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 04, 2010 23:08 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
I was trying to burn a DVD right from my camcorder so I used the Right to Disc feature. Everything seemed to work fine but when I played it on my stand alone DVD player the audio had a very brief interuption every 25 seconds or so. It is just a very brief blip in the sound.

Interesting... the disc played fine on my computer and also played fine on my OLDER DVD player. I played around with the audio settings on my stand alone DVD. If I change the bitsample to PCM it gets much better, I can just barely hear the interuption.

I spoke to tech support and they suggested I update the video and audio drivers. I did that and it didn't make any difference.

I have over 50 tapes I want to convert to DVD's so it will be easier to watch and someday edit them. I want to make sure I do it right the first time.

Looking forward to any resonse.

Thanks, Steve

Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
See this thread: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/9742.page

The explanation given by me, xerox, may be what's happening on your stand-alone DVD player.
ultrasp97 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 04, 2010 23:08 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Xerox - Thanks for the response and it does sound like I am having the same problem you did.

Have you found any fix other than buying a new DVD player?

More importantly, how wide spread is this problem. Do you and I have one of the few DVD players that will show this problem. I would like to maybe make some videos for friends and I don't want to run into this compatibility issue?

Again thanks and I look forward to hearing back.

Steve
Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
I never found a fix, I just bought a new, cheap DVD player (Sony $39.95 USD).

To work around the problem you would have to author your DVD with some other application.

I don't know how widespread the problem is. But you could ask your friends to play back your DVD and tell you if there are problems with the audio.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 05. 2010 14:31