Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Confusion over Software
JAMES [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 25, 2010 19:32 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Why can't this company just create software like others instead of all these programs like Power Producer, Power Director on and on and on? All I want is a Suite of programs like ROXIO does. By the time you purchase the same items to do the same thing you end up spending over $500.00. Work with us OK? Stop the greed and create a program that does it all!
And if Media Suite 8 is the answer then why sell all the others?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 25. 2010 19:45

[Post New]
Hi James. Don't know about the others, but I don't like suites and I prefer the option to purchase whatever I need or want. Even from different companies if necessary. _______________________________________
The first condition of immortality is death
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
Media Suite does everything, but it does not have all the features of a dedicated editing or producing program. It's the jack of all trades. Power Director and Power Producer may have some overlap, but their primary functions are different. Personally, I'm happy with just using Power Director. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Some folks want compact cars, some want Hummers.
It's the same with most everything, I guess, even software. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT