Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Where are these Menus Hiding?
-Jim-
Member Location: West Coast of Canada - Home of the 2010 Winter Olympics! Joined: Mar 29, 2009 13:32 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Gents,

This may seem like a very stupid question but I was poking around in PD8 (actually I was using Windows Explorer looking for something else) and I came across a Menus Folder with very large sub folders tree that i don't understand.

The pathway is C=>Program Files(x86)=>Cyberlink=>PowerDirector=>Menus

In this folder are the following sub folders: 3D Album, Balloon, Draw, DVD Cover, Gallery, Global Tour, Love Memory, Ocean and Sparkle. Each one of these has the following folders inside: Audio, Background, Button, Effect, First Play, fontstyle, frame, highlight, Layer Template, layout, MMotion, Motion, pcbg, TemplateThumb, and text. But when I open up these folders there is nothing inside??

I ran PD8 and tried to figure out what these do but I'm stumped. Can you enlighten me?

Thanks for the assist Regards,

Jim

Asus Z87-A Motherboard - O/C if needed to about 4.6 Ghz.
Intel i7 4770K CPU
16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR3 Ram
OCZ 448 Gig SSD (for OS and related Video Editing Programs)
1 TB, 1.5 TB, and 3 TB Data Drives - Slide in Drawers as needed.
LG's HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH10LS30 Blu ray Burner
Samsung SH-S223F 16x DVD Burner
Gigabyte GTX 660Ti NVidia Geforce Graphics Card
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jim -

Yes - Something's amiss there. The attached image shows what should be there. You'll see the file path at the top.

I would imagine that you menu templates might not be functioning properly without those files.

You could try searching for one of the file names. They may be misplaced somehow. If that fails, a re-install should correct it.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Menus_Contents.jpg]
 Filename
Menus_Contents.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
97 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
129 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
-Jim-
Member Location: West Coast of Canada - Home of the 2010 Winter Olympics! Joined: Mar 29, 2009 13:32 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Tony,

Thanks for the image. When I looked at it something went off and I remembered I was looking at my install of PD8 on my main Drive were I didn't install the content .

I have the full install on a separate drive that I keep just for video editing to avoid conflicts. It has the appropriate files in the folders.

Sorry for being so dense. Regards,

Jim

Asus Z87-A Motherboard - O/C if needed to about 4.6 Ghz.
Intel i7 4770K CPU
16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR3 Ram
OCZ 448 Gig SSD (for OS and related Video Editing Programs)
1 TB, 1.5 TB, and 3 TB Data Drives - Slide in Drawers as needed.
LG's HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH10LS30 Blu ray Burner
Samsung SH-S223F 16x DVD Burner
Gigabyte GTX 660Ti NVidia Geforce Graphics Card