Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD wish list: a 64 bit version ?
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
I was wondering how many users of PD8 wished that there was a 64 bit version of the application available ? Since the Win 7-64 bit and i7 processors do such a good job at media streaming it seems like an idea ready for it's time. Any opinions on this ? Win 10, i7
[Post New]
Would make me happy! _______________________________________
The first condition of immortality is death
-Jim-
Member Location: West Coast of Canada - Home of the 2010 Winter Olympics! Joined: Mar 29, 2009 13:32 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Me Too! Regards,

Jim

Asus Z87-A Motherboard - O/C if needed to about 4.6 Ghz.
Intel i7 4770K CPU
16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR3 Ram
OCZ 448 Gig SSD (for OS and related Video Editing Programs)
1 TB, 1.5 TB, and 3 TB Data Drives - Slide in Drawers as needed.
LG's HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH10LS30 Blu ray Burner
Samsung SH-S223F 16x DVD Burner
Gigabyte GTX 660Ti NVidia Geforce Graphics Card
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
When XP first came out as 64-bit I question CyberLink about it and was told that there just isn't a large enough user base, and at that time it was certainly true. Windows 7 was originally supposed to only be available as 64-bit, and the fact that Microsoft backed off makes me think that it is not catching on as much as everyone expected. I hope it works out, but I wouldn't expect too much right now. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Judging from the user comments on this forum the number of Win7 64 bit users is exponentially increasing. I've been noticing that a couple of other video editing packages (professional mainly) now offer it. On a consumer level it would be a good option to offer. Win 10, i7
Alextzi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 11, 2009 15:17 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
I would love to be able to use all 12 GB of memory in my i7 system.
-Jim-
Member Location: West Coast of Canada - Home of the 2010 Winter Olympics! Joined: Mar 29, 2009 13:32 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I would love to be able to use all 12 GB of memory in my i7 system.

Ouch! You are spoiled Regards,

Jim

Intel i7 4770K CPU
GARY [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 17, 2010 20:43 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Count me in for 64bit. I use Server2008 R2 as a desktop, and it's awesome.
-Jim-
[Post New]
Gents,

My take is there is a huge upswing in Win 7 64 bit platforms being sold. (I don't know anyone buying the 32 bit version of Win 7. Even on Laptops!)

The first consumer (or prosumer) video editing platform (Cyberlink, Pinnacle, Adobe, etc.,) that can utilise the extra power to nullify crashes and the like, while dropping rendering time, will get a lot of sales /market share.

I'd expect all OEMs are rewriting their software to make use of Win 7 64 bit and we won't see it until the "new" software is released in the Fall or early 2011. They don't make $$ on patches Regards,

Jim

Intel i7 4770K CPU
[Post New]
Too bad... I want it bad!
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Microsoft's original announcement was that there would be no 32-bit Windows 7. I'm sure it is catching on, but not as fast as they had hoped. A 62-bit PD would probably be useful. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM